Appleton International Airport (ATW) is first airport to integrate the Departurist platform, to help them better understand their customers, the competition, and uncover new opportunities for growth
NEW YORK–(BUSINESS WIRE)–#AirService–Arrivalist, the leading location intelligence platform in the Travel industry, today announces the launch of Departurist, the next generation location intelligence platform for the Aviation Industry. Leveraging multiple mobile location datasets, the Departurist platform enables Airports to gain a better understanding of their customers, how they compete with other airports for loyalty, and measure their share of market for specific destinations.
“Understanding our customers’ travel patterns is the foundation of our air service program”, says Abe Weber, Appleton International Airport Director. “Departurist allows us to analyze location data, and helps us to determine who our passengers are, where they come from, and which airports they’re choosing for specific destinations. This greatly enhances our strategic planning process and powers our air service development efforts.”
The platform includes the following insights:
- Catchment Area Analysis: Define and gain a more accurate and timely understanding of your catchment area andtrack how it changes over time.
- Catchment Area Competition: Understand where your catchment area and the catchment areas of your competitor’s overlap. Ability to measure share gain and loss at the zip code level, and track over time.
- Leakage Studies: Analyze where originating traffic is leaking from your catchment area, which airports are capturing this leakage, and the most popular destinations. Conversely, gain an understanding of where you are gaining share from competitor airport leakage.
- Share of Destination: Determine your Airport’s share of popular destinations, and how these change over time.
- Drive vs. Fly: Ability to measure how customers are traveling to specific destination from your catchment area, uncovering potential demand
- Passenger Insights: Gain an understanding of where inbound passengers go when they leave your airport, enhancing Sales, Marketing, and Service opportunities
“We’re thrilled to partner with Appleton International Airport in launching the Departurist platform,” said Arrivalist’s Chief Revenue Officer & General Manager Arlo Laitin. We’ve Found that Airports, including Appleton, have a clear view of their performance, including the most popular routes and destinations of their passengers, but they have a more difficult time understanding overall demand, and how they’re doing against competitive airports for their customer’s loyalty. By analyzing location data, we provide Airports a more holistic understanding of who their passengers are, where they come from, and which airports they’re choosing for specific destinations. This helps Airports understand overall demand and where they’re gaining and losing share.
The FAA forecasts that the number of U.S. airline passengers will increase from 840.8 million in 2017 to 1.28 billion in 2038, a growth of more than 50%.”While this tremendous growth will create new revenue opportunities for the industry, it’s more critical than ever that both Airports and Airlines have the right data and tools to make informed decisions.”
Arrivalist is the leading location intelligence platform in the travel industry. The company uses multiple location data sets to provide actionable insights on consumer behavior, competitive share, media effectiveness, and market trends. Over 200 travel marketers, including 100 Cities, 40 US States, and 4 of the top 10 US Theme Parks, use these insights to inform media strategy, operations, and destination development. Arrivalist is headquartered in New York City, with offices in San Francisco and Toronto.