McAfee Recognized for Third Consecutive Year for Completeness of Vision and Ability to Execute
SANTA CLARA, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–McAfee, the device to cloud cybersecurity company, today announced it has been positioned as a Leader in the 2019 Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Cloud Access Security Brokers” 1 for the third consecutive year*. In this report, Gartner evaluated nine different vendors on 15 different criteria. McAfee was evaluated based on its ability to execute and completeness of vision. A complimentary copy is available on the McAfee website.
“McAfee helped jump start the CASB market—we never stopped innovating and pushing the envelope of what a CASB Platform can do to protect data and stop threats from Shadow IT to Software-as-a-Service, Infrastructure-as-a-Service/Platform-as-a-Service,” said Rajiv Gupta, senior vice president of cloud security, McAfee. “We are proud to be placed as a leader in the 2019 Gartner Magic Quadrant for CASB and see this recognition as further validation that we are delivering on our mission to make cloud the most secure environment for business.”
Gartner defines the cloud access security brokers market as “products and services that address security gaps in an organization’s use of cloud services. This technology is the result of the need to secure cloud services — which are being adopted at a significantly increased rate — and provide access to them from users inside and outside the traditional enterprise perimeter, plus growing direct cloud-to-cloud access.”
McAfee’s 2019 roadmap has been shaped by several market-defining technology innovations and accolades:
- McAfee MVISION Cloud now includes the new Gateway Antimalware Engine for extended threat protection; Cloud Value and Maturity Advisor for an objective and peer-compared assessment of the maturity of an organization’s cloud security posture; and End User Remediation, which provides the ability for organizations to involve end users in the Incident Remediation process.
- McAfee has been selected by the Joint Authorization Board (JAB) for the Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) Connect program based on demand from federal government agencies and approval by the JAB. McAfee MVISION Cloud is FedRAMP Moderate Authorized and FedRAMP Ready for FedRAMP High.
- McAfee MVISION Cloud for Amazon Web Services (AWS) now helps customers “Shift Left” with security to preemptively improve compliance and reduce risk within their cloud infrastructure. McAfee also announced comprehensive security and compliance integration with Microsoft Teams.
- McAfee was one of only two vendors to be named a January 2019 Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for Cloud Access Security Brokers. The Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice is a recognition of vendors in this market by verified end-user professionals, taking into account both the number of reviews and the overall user ratings.
- Complementary copy of the 2019 Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Cloud Access Security Brokers”
- McAfee Blog
-  2019 Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Cloud Access Security Brokers” by Steve Riley, Craig Lawson, 22 October 2019. *McAfee was previously listed as Skyhigh Networks because McAfee closed its acquisition of the company in January 2018.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice constitute the subjective opinions of individual end-user reviews, ratings, and data applied against a documented methodology; they neither represent the views of, nor constitute an endorsement by, Gartner or its affiliates.
McAfee is the device-to-cloud cybersecurity company. Inspired by the power of working together, McAfee creates business and consumer solutions that make our world a safer place. www.mcafee.com
McAfee technologies’ features and benefits depend on system configuration and may require enabled hardware, software, or service activation. No computer system can be absolutely secure. McAfee® and the McAfee logo are trademarks of McAfee, LLC or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries. Other marks and brands may be claimed as the property of others.