NEW YORK–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Kroll Bond Rating Agency (KBRA) releases new research on the energy sector. We continue to believe that energy companies have, to varying degrees, embraced financial discipline following the oil price volatility and industry reckoning that started in 2015. This update provides a view on the latest developments and the headwinds that the industry is currently facing.
- The energy portfolio that KBRA monitors has shown continued repairs in the exploration and production (E&P) segment. However, oilfield services companies have experienced greater difficulty in recovery.
- The string of energy bankruptcies has continued, including several recent high-profile examples such as Weatherford International and EP Energy.
- The energy industry is approaching a substantial debt maturity wall, which will further highlight companies that have adopted an agile and proactive financial policy.
- KBRA continues to monitor the new issue market, which has seen some recent high-yield action.
To view the report, click here.
Related Publications: (available at www.kbra.com)
- Two New Energy Bankruptcies: Déjà vu All Over Again?
- Global Political Economy Is a Supporting Factor in Oil Sector Performance
- An Updated View of Energy Firm Creditworthiness: Fundamentally Weaker or Battle Tested?
CONNECT WITH KBRA
About KBRA and KBRA Europe
KBRA is a full-service credit rating agency registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission as an NRSRO. In addition, KBRA is designated as a designated rating organization by the Ontario Securities Commission for issuers of asset-backed securities to file a short form prospectus or shelf prospectus. KBRA is also recognized by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners as a Credit Rating Provider and is a certified Credit Rating Agency (CRA) by the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA). Kroll Bond Rating Agency Europe Limited is registered with ESMA as a CRA.
Corinne Hill, CFA, Senior Director
Adam Gracely, Senior Analyst
Van Hesser, Senior Managing Director
Business Development Contact:
Dave DeMilt, Managing Director