The agile methodology emphasizes as well as works by cross-functional teams, who work together more flexibly and sensitively to develop projects. Traditional project development methods are not sufficient, leading to a rise in demand for Agile in the IT industry and numerous other engineering fields.
Agile revolutionized project management and software development led to increased demand for professionals with Agile and their various tastes such as Lean, Scrum, Scaled Agile, Kanban, and SAFe. The Agile certification combines Agile training, methodological assessment, principles, and working experience in an elegant atmosphere. Several certifications that test the IT expert’s knowledge of the framework are now available.
You might wonder which online learning platform to choose from and self-paced courses that provide a practical experience. Simplilearn is not only legitimate but a great way to try.
Burning Glass says that in the next ten years, the job market analytics company, jobs involving agile development skills, will increase by 7.3 percent. Simplilearn Agile certification courses help students build agile projects with various tools and skills in the real world. Professional helps them gain a thorough grasp of different agile methodologies and trains them for specific tasks such as Scrum Master, Product Owner.
What exactly Agile and Scrum?
Your dilemma is apparent since organizations implement many agile practices that are supported by respected certification programs. These certifications also range from entry to advanced levels of the company. It is essential to know how these Agile certifications differ, together with their pre-requirements, eligibility, and at what level of your profession is it appropriate?
Top Agile certifications with prerequisites
Each Agile certification is different. Various certifications require different skills and experience levels. Some of them require you to take a class and then take an exam at the end of the course. Others need real-world practical experience. Agile is an attitude that allows behaviors that help teams achieve value. Frameworks, tools, and methods provide mechanisms to ensure that the team is efficient at communicating, working together, and coordinating work.
Working in an Agile team requires technical expertise such as coding or engineering; soft skills such as communication, sensitive intelligence, and empathy. And knowing how the work advances overarching business goals.
Any successful agile practitioner needs a solid combination of technical, human, and business skills.
- ICP-ACC (ICAgile- Agile Certified Coach) training: The ICP-ACC training is primarily concerned with the thinking, the roles, and the responsibilities of an Agile coach. You can distinguish between mentoring, professional coaching, facilitating, and teaching once your training is complete. You can also learn the skills needed to create a safe environment in an agile team.
- Prerequisites: Fundamental knowledge of Agile Methodology and a little work experience as an Agile Practitioner is required. The candidate is designated ICAgile Certified Coach (ICP-ACC) by an accredited institution accreditation body, ICAgile, after completing the training.
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP): The PMI-ACP credential is valued in recent years. It will remain in high demand by 2021 since it is an all-embracing Agile certification, which officially recognizes the Agile Knowledge of a developer in several popular methods, including Lean and Kanban.
- Prerequisites: Certification is recommended for professionals working in an Agile team or working for an organization seeking to improve Agility. Candidates must meet the requirements of graduate programs, 21 hours of Agile training, 2000 hours of overall project team expertise, and 1,500 hours of agile team-based methodological experience.
- Leading SAFe® 5.1 training course: The Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is a methodology adapted to allow Agile transformation to be performed seamlessly by large-scale Agile project teams. The Scaled Agile Framework synchronizes multiple agile teams’ collaboration, harmonization, and delivery leading to the enterprise’s success. The Leading SAFe® 5.1 certification course is based on SAFe version 4.6.
- Prerequisites: The Leading SAFe 5.1 training will help you prepare for the certification exam of the SAFe Agilist. However, a minimum of 5 years of experience, testing, product/project management or business analysis, and software development experience are the prerequisites in Scrum.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM®): Certified Scrum Master is the Agile certification recommended to beginners. This starter kit helps build your Scrum basis, refinement of the backlog, sprint planning, sprint demo, and product backlog. The requirements to become the Certified Scrum Master status are relatively straightforward. Individuals need to undergo mandatory training before appearing for certification exams. It takes years of practice and commitment to acquire proper Scrum Master skills. CSM offers you an excellent practical insight into Scrum roles, events, artifacts, and various methods and agile values.
- Prerequisites: Roles like a developer, Scrum Master, product owner, business analysts can start their certification journey with this CSM course.
- Disciplined Agile Senior Scrum Master (DASSM): This advanced DASSM program can help you manage a team (or multiple teams) successfully and effectively undertake more complex and key initiatives for your organization. This DASSM course is ideal for professionals who have worked with Agile approaches for over two years and have taken leading positions such as the Disciplined Agile Scrum Master, the Scrum Master, the Product Owner, and the architecture owner.
- Prerequisites: Anyone who wants to use Disciplined Agile Toolkit in Agile Mindset, scale an agile or Lean-Agile approach, choose their way of working (WoW) and improve their skills leading high-profile, organizational success-critical initiatives. This course requires over 2+ years of experience in an agile team, such as a disciplined Agile scrum master, scrum master, product owner, and architecture owner.
Agile has changed the way industry develops software without using the traditional methodology for software development. Companies can now create better products by modifying the specifications, receiving feedback, and continuously testing. Agile presents value and problem resolution to add to this.
By delivering effective software in time, reducing the project costs, and enhancing IT/business alignment, adopting Agile has benefitted organizations, taking into account the demand for solid agile skills.
Recruiters are always looking for suitable Agile certification profiles. It’s also an excellent way to reinforce your CV. Over the years, skills and experience in Agile combined with full certification have the opportunity to enhance your profile. It adds value for your future option when it comes to the application and negotiation of compensation. Acquiring an Agile certification will undoubtedly provide expertise whenever you try to meet dynamic requirements from business and customer needs.