We all know by now that a quality mattress is very much required to have a peaceful sleep. An old or distorted mattress can provide you nothing but loads and loads of physical and mental issues. Sleeping on an old and worn-out mattress means that you are not able to sleep all night because of strains on your back caused by the mattress. They can lead you to remain tired and irritated the next morning.
To overcome this issue, you need to have a mattress that is super soft and comfortable and is suitable for your body. But there remains another problem. Since a lot of investment is done while purchasing a mattress, most of the owners have had the problem of the mattress getting softer and saggy after a few month’s use. And this happens especially in the case of box spring mattresses since they are made of coils and springs. Therefore, you must learn how to keep your mattress firmer for them to provide comfort to you for a long time.
If you’re thinking of buying a new mattress, you should know how to keep a box spring mattress from getting shagged. This is one investment that most people make and pay dearly for. It’s no secret that box springs are cheaply made and are not very durable. Damage of the mattress after certain is normal and the same in case of box spring is inevitable. If you buy a good brand, the cost is certainly justified.
Health Benefits Of Owning A Good Box Spring Mattress
- The box spring mattress supports your entire body while you sleep. If you like resting on your side, it will help you not have any aches or pains the next day. For those who sleep on their stomach, the box spring mattress supports your entire body and relieves the pressure on your back.
- A box spring mattress is much easier to clean and maintain than most mattresses. They have little to no crevices where dust can accumulate. Therefore, this means less dirt for you to vacuum up. Your mattress will stay cleaner longer. Also, they don’t absorb dust as conventional mattresses do. They are completely dust-free and therefore ideal for allergy sufferers.
- When your box spring gets older, you will notice some changes in its appearance. Generally, the box springs on newer mattresses are made of more durable materials. This means that your box spring mattress will have a more uniform look. Also, if you buy a new mattress with a box spring, it usually comes with some sort of warranty. That’s another reason why box spring mattresses are such a good buy.
- Another one of the box spring mattress health benefits is that they are much easier on your back. You know how your back feels after a day’s worth of back work. There is a lot of soreness and aches. However, if you buy a good quality box spring mattress, it will relieve most of that pain and ache you have and leave you feeling refreshed the next morning.
One of the simplest ways to tell if your box spring mattress needs a little TLC is to give it a good run for its money. Run your box spring two times a week for at least thirty minutes each time. If you use a power washer, you can even add that to the frequency!
You should also try adding a few drops of essential oils to your box spring mattress. Essential oils are great for rejuvenating your skin. They help soothe away stress, calm your nerves, and generally feel nice. Many essential oils are especially effective for helping to relieve aches and pains, including back pain and neck pain.
Your box spring mattress should feel like new after giving it a good run down once in a while. If it does not, it may be time to invest in a new one. If you take care of your box spring mattress and add some basic bedding and pillows to it regularly, you should have many nights of restful sleep.
Guide To Keep Your Mattress Firm
- To keep your box spring mattress firm make sure it is not a hot box spring. If you let your box spring become overheated, the air and moisture will go up through the mattress and into your body. This can cause heatstroke, a dangerous situation that can be fatal if you overexert yourself.
- The temperature that your box spring mattress rests at during the day should never be above forty degrees. The lower you place your box spring mattress, the warmer it will become, which can wreak havoc on your back. When you sleep, your body naturally relaxes and goes into a state of deep sleep. During these deep slumber sessions, your body is very prone to being stiff and sore. By keeping your box spring mattress out of direct sunlight, you will not only protect yourself from the sun’s harmful rays but will prevent it from becoming too hot.
- How to keep your box spring mattress firm is also important in regards to vacuuming. A box spring is like a sponge, so it absorbs a lot of dust, so keeping it in an area free of dust is vital. It is important to vacuum your box spring regularly, no matter what. Doing this will keep dust mites and other allergens from getting into your mattress and irritating your skin. When you get in the habit of doing this, you will find that your box spring mattress is better able to support your joints and spine as well.
- Also make sure that you use a better quality mattress protector. These mattress protectors have a deep-pocket cover that is designed for all mattress sizes and also feels soft on your skin. They are 100 % washable.
At The End
How to keep your box spring mattress firm also means making sure that you have good circulation in the area. This means that you want to keep your legs elevated, and your feet flat on the ground. You want to do this while you are sleeping, as this will help circulate your blood flow and keep you more relaxed. As a side note, if you are overweight, you might consider losing a few pounds to see if this makes a difference in your sleep comfort. If not, then make sure to add exercise to your daily life, as this will also increase the amount of blood flow and oxygen that flows to your body.
Larry Alton is a blogger and passionate writer at Managerteams.com.She loves cooking and is fond of traveling.