Cannabis has been on the path of an upward spiral ever since the news of legalization broke from the west. The trend is slowly catching up on various parts of the world. More research, news, and information to expand the knowledge of people around the globe about cannabis have also begun to emerge. Today people from everywhere are excited to learn about the miracle plant and understand how to incorporate its usage to benefit them. Even the legal ties around the plant are slowly vanishing with an expanding body of research, and we can understand cannabis in its entirety very soon. The global market for the product is also expanding, with more industries looking to include cannabis-based products in their range. Investments, new medical and non-medical applications, legalization, cultivation, and so much more are in line for cannabis as its trends in 2019. Some of the most popular trends of 2019 around this plant that has captured the world’s attention are listed here.
1. Binging with Weed beverages: Cannabis edibles have been an innate part of the cannabis industry. While the legal terms around cannabis edibles are still rocky, CBD, the non-psychoactive cousin of THC in cannabis is taking over the world by storm. CBD has become the base for the cannabis beverage trends that promise a whole new level of flavored drinks and energy drinks. Hemp-derived beverages have started making a place in the regulated dispensary channels, whereas towards the end of the year, the possibility of further commercialization is visible. The farm bill is an encouraging front that promises the possibility of such progress. Beverages are more result focussed, such as drinking coffee for energy or tea for relaxation as compared to food in general. Hence the emergence of cannabis in this market is a trend to watch out. Historical top brands are looking at possible tie-ups and partnerships to introduce cannabis-infused lines that could change the course of the cannabis industry within the next few years.
2. The Blurring lines of Legalization: While legalization started with medicinal use of marijuana in focus, the latest trends show the line thinning between recreational and medicinal use. The regulations imposed in most places seem to help control the use of recreational marijuana. It indicates that marijuana sales for multipurpose consumption without restrictions on the application will become more common in the days to come. The line between medicinal and adult-use channels is dull, and there is a lot of crossover between these applications. Consumers are evolving through cannabis trends such as edibles, beverages, topicals, etc. With cannabis becoming such an integral part of their lifestyle, the lines may thin further.
3. Alleviating approachability: The digital market platforms available have eased the process of shopping in every segment. Cannabis is no exception to this trend, as online market platforms have become a personal favourite for most weed consumers. While legalization started in various areas, issues such as location and accessibility of dispensaries posed as a problem for consumers to try this plant. But online shopping platforms promise high quality, are easier to browse, you can shop with tons of more choices than in a dispensary. One should know the particular information about when to harvest cannabis ?. After that, all they have to do is order indoor cannabis seeds and start growing. Smooth delivery at home is possible to enjoy your cannabis is complete ease.
4. Climbing the social ladder: After many years of constant turmoil and social degradation as a drug, cannabis has managed to remove the stigma around it in the past few years. More consumers are becoming aware of the plant and its benefits, and hence it is finding its way into mainstream social gatherings. Cannabis themed cafes and restaurants, and cannabis-friendly gatherings are popping up in various locations across the world. Also, consumption in places such as lounges is becoming common in certain areas. Coffee shops, pubs are keeping up with the evolving trend to stay on top of their games. It is an important trend as cannabis is gradually becoming a social situation stimulant. It could be good news as some believe that the expansion of cannabis could eventually bring down tobacco consumption.
5. The Cannabinoids in Command: Cannabinoids are the hotshot cousins of THC that have taken over the cannabis world in the past few months. Being a non-psychoactive ingredient, CBD has been able to pave way for marijuana beyond the boundaries of dispensaries into general stores and markets. The education among users to understand the difference between THC and CBD is slowly spreading. A lot of understanding regarding the different terpenes and cannabinoids of cannabis is underway. The current market for CBD is mostly relying on ingestible forms such as CBD oil Canada and tinctures. But the future holds a wider range of options such as infusion in vitamins, beverages, supplements, food, pills, and most of all, inhalable.
6.Dependable Distribution roots: While the past years witnessed a boom in cannabis business at cultivation and retail levels, this year is all about emerging in the distribution channel. The number of distribution-based companies primarily focused on segments such as packaging, labeling based on licenses is emerging into the sector. One such trusted company is get kush. One should buy from getkush.ca as they have a plethora of high-quality CBD strains at affordable prices. The scope for these companies is large, and a boom in this market is promising for tons of new companies to emerge. With laws such as Multi-States Operators rule, which is also the latest development in the cannabis industry, the opportunities for these companies are ample.
The past few years have shown tremendous growth in the cannabis sector. The years to come promise improvements in cultivation techniques, distribution channels, better market access to consumers, and opportunities in new sectors. These improvements will help us witness the evolution of cannabis.