- Presenting the program that saved his life, actor, comedian and bestselling author Russell Brand will share his personal journey of recovery along with practical advice for living in the Age of Addiction
- October 26-28, 2018 in Palm Springs, CA.
- Wellspring Badges on Sale Now!
NEW YORK, Aug. 22, 2018 – Wellspring, a first-of-its-kind wellness and ideas gathering from the creators of Wanderlust, announced today that Russell Brand, comedian, actor, radio host and bestselling author, will make a rare US public appearance to discuss how wellness has become a roadmap for his personal journey from addiction to recovery. Brand will join an A-list roster of speakers including Glennon Doyle, Dr. Mark Hyman, Alicia Silverstone, Elle Macpherson, Marianne Williamson, Paul Hawken, Dave Asprey and dozens more in the heart of the desert oasis, Palm Springs, on October 26–28, 2018. The inaugural three-day wellness festival will feature 150 transformational classes, treatments, lectures and workshops across multiple categories including fitness, holistic medicine, health, social change and conscious capitalism.
With a powerful mix of honesty, humor and compassion, Brand’s mainstage keynote will explore the odyssey chronicled in his best-selling book, Recovery: Freedom From Our Addictions, and the wisdom and peace gained through daily mindfulness practices he has embraced for the past fifteen years. Brand speaks to the full spectrum of addiction in today’s culture—from the current opioid crisis, to subtler habits involving food, technology, social media and unhealthy relationships—and offers the solutions that have kept him committed to personal wellness.
“When are you going to recover the person you were born to be?” asks Russell Brand. “I’ve spent over fifteen years understanding where addiction comes from, how it masks pain and sends us running in the wrong direction, and in many different forms. I am looking forward to sharing the stage with intimate details about my own story and journey of recovery, including personal details of my day to day — how I cope, how I find deeper meaning, and how I moved through inner turmoil using a specific set of daily intentions and practices. We are living in the most quietly addicted time in our culture; everywhere anxiety, depression and addiction are consuming us as a culture. I am fortunate to have transformed my life and I look forward to helping others do this same.”
“We are thrilled to host Russell Brand at our first Wellspring gathering,” said Sean Hoess, CEO of Wanderlust. “Russell tells the story of his journey from addiction to recovery with his trademark wit and style, but the substance of his talk runs deep. As our nation struggles with increasing rates of substance addiction, we desperately need useful tools and practices for recovery, and Russell offers those right alongside the laughs. We’re honored that he chose Wellspring as the container for this important conversation.”
Previously announced speakers include:
- Alicia Silverstone — Actress, animal activist, and founder of Founder of The Kind Life and Co-Founder, MyKind Organics along with Elle Macpherson (Co-Founder, Welleco) join forward-thinking CEOs to discuss how true beauty is so much more than skin deep in a talk called Beauty Comes Clean.
- Chip Conley — Hospitality Entrepreneur, TED speaker and Head of Global Hospitality Airbnb will host a talk on Wisdom at Work: The Making of a Modern Elder.
- Dave Asprey — Founder of Bulletproof and #1 New York Times bestselling author and number one podcast BulletProof Radio. Bulletproof 360 and the father of biohacking, will discuss how to hack your mind and body to live happier in a talk called Mind and Body Hacks for Energy Flow.
- Dr. Mark Hyman — Practicing family physician, ten-time #1 New York Times bestselling author, speaker, educator, and health advocate will host three talks centered around Food, What the Heck Should I Eat?
- Glennon Doyle — Activist, speaker, #1 New York Times bestselling author and founder of Together Rising, and Momastery.com will graciously close the speaking series on a discussion From One to Many: Wellness for All.
- Kyle Cease — Actor, comedian, motivational speaker will host a three part speaking series based on The Entrepreneurial Shift, The Limitation Game and living your Life as a Playground.
- Lauren Ash — Founder of Black Girl In Om, wellness visionary, yoga and meditation teacher will host a live Podcast: Black Girl In Om Live Podcast Recording with Lauren Ash.
- Marianne Williamson — Internationally acclaimed bestselling author, lecturer and founder of Project Angel Food will speak on Making Society Well: Integrating Spirituality with Activism.
- Paul Hawken — Environmentalist and author of seven best sellers consulting with heads of state and CEOs on economic development, industrial ecology, and environmental policy will host an impactful talk on Drawdown: How to reverse global warming, regenerate life and human well-being. For Real.
Wellspring Sage badges are on sale now at https://wanderlust.com/wellspring/. The 3-day badges include unlimited access to all event areas, advance scheduling for all sessions; guaranteed access to any pre-scheduled session, access to lodging at the on-site Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel and select partner hotels (first come, first served), a premium gift bag and more. For a limited time, receive a $150hotel credit when you purchase your Sage badge. Special savings and scholarships are available for wellness professionals, locals to the Palm Springs area, active students, and active and retired military and their families.
Attendees will be nurtured by a number of partners including:
- adidas will be hosting multiple fitness classes throughout the weekend including group runs and HIIT workouts. The exclusive adidas x Wanderlust apparel collection will also be available for purchase on-site
- Bulletproof is on a mission to create products and share information that radically improves lives. The lifestyle brand is proud to be hosting a Wellspring experience that includes product sampling, an Oxygen Bar, a Bulletproof Vibe Garden and more. Come experience what it means to be Bulletproof with Wellspring activations that will unleash your human potential.
- Flow is pleased to bring their high quality, naturally alkaline spring water to Wellspring to hydrate attendees throughout the day. The event will also be a chance to taste Flow’s brand new flavored water: organic cucumber + mint, organic lemon + ginger, organic strawberry + rose and organic watermelon + lime in a refreshing environment.
- Ford Motor Company was built on the belief that freedom of movement drives human progress. Ford is proud to be the Official Vehicle of Wanderlust and to support healthy initiatives inside, and outside, the company. Ford will be activating both a space and experiences at Wellspring to bring the message of movement, alive. Attendees can stop by Ford activations to learn more about the sustainable practices and wellness programs at Ford, and of course, take home some incredible giveaways.
- Greater Palm Springs Famed for its beautiful weather and relaxed lifestyle, Greater Palm Springsfeatures nine distinct resort cities: Palm Springs, Desert Hot Springs, Cathedral City, Rancho Mirage, Palm Desert, Indian Wells, La Quinta, Indio and Coachella. This picturesque health and wellness oasis boasts everything you need for relaxation and rejuvenation, including world-class spas, healing mineral waters, outdoor adventure and holistic wellness experiences- a perfect location for Wellspring, Wanderlust’s first one-of-a-kind wellness gathering.
Wanderlust Holdings, LLC is a global yoga lifestyle company founded in 2009. Our mission is to help you find your true north—to live a healthy and inspired life. Wanderlust’s events encompass Wanderlust Festival, the largest multi-day yoga and music festivals in the world and Wanderlust 108, a one-day “mindful triathlon” taking place in urban parks across the world. In 2012, we opened the first Wanderlust Yoga studio, a re-imagination of the yoga studio experience and began offering Wanderlust Teacher Training, a yoga teacher-training program inspired by the Wanderlust festival experience. In 2015, we launched Wanderlust TV, a media platform connecting viewers with inspirational teachers and wellness experts and Wanderlust Hollywood, a 10,000 square foot center in Los Angeles, CA offering yoga and meditation classes, a world-class organic restaurant, and a full-featured performance venue.
Victoria Del Rico
Director of Publicity, Wanderlust
212-766-8040 x 109