Council Members Announce Measurable Actions Their Organizations Are Taking To Create a More Inclusive Economy
Hermosa Beach, CA, June 15, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — (via Blockchain Wire) As part of Alpha Sigma Capital’s commitment to becoming a zero-carbon digital asset fund focused on the blockchain economy and the shift to a decentralized Web3 infrastructure, announced today that Enzo Villani, CEO and Chief Investment Officer has joined the Council for Inclusive Capitalism. The Council is a global nonprofit organization that joins moral and market imperatives to build a more inclusive, sustainable, and trusted economic system that addresses the needs of our people and the planet.
“I am thrilled to welcome Enzo Villani to the Council and look forward to working with them as they take the necessary actions to ensure a better future for us all,” said Meredith Sumpter, CEO of the Council for Inclusive Capitalism.
The Council for Inclusive Capitalism is rooted in action. The Council is led by CEOs and global leaders who commit their organizations to specific actions that create long-term value for all stakeholders.
Council members are accountable for their actions. Members’ commitments are measurable and made public on the Council’s online platform. These commitments are intended to motivate and challenge others to bring their own reform ideas to the movement.
The Council is inclusive. Council members lead organizations of all sizes, across all sectors and geographies. It will take the conscious and collective action of all Council members—from industry leaders to mid-caps to small business owners—to scale the impact needed for capitalism to become more inclusive and sustainable.
The Council was launched in December 2020 with the belief that businesses have a responsibility and the capability to create stronger, fairer, and more dynamic economies and societies. Council membership is open to all companies and organizations who are willing to make measurable, public commitments toward more inclusive and sustainable business practices. You can see the full list of Council members here.
The Council is led by a core group of leaders which include:
- Ajay Banga, Executive Chairman, Mastercard
- Oliver Bäte, Chairman of the Board of Management, Allianz SE
- Marc Benioff, Chair, Chief Executive Officer, and Co-founder, Salesforce
- Edward Breen, Executive Chairman, Dupont
- Sharan Burrow, General Secretary, International Trade Union Confederation
- Mark Carney, United Nations Special Envoy for Climate Action and Finance, and Financial Advisor to the Prime Minister for COP26
- Carmine Di Sibio, Global Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, EY
- Brunello Cucinelli, Executive Chairman and Creative Director, Brunello Cucinelli S.p.A.
- Roger Ferguson, Former President and Chief Executive Officer, TIAA
- Lynn Forester de Rothschild, Founder and Managing Partner, Inclusive Capital Partners
- Kenneth Frazier, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer, Merck & Co., Inc.
- Fabrizio Freda, President and Chief Executive Officer, The Estée Lauder Companies
- Marcie Frost, Chief Executive Officer, CalPERS
- Alex Gorsky, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer, Johnson & Johnson
- Angel Gurria, Secretary General, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Alfred Kelly, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Visa Inc.
- William Lauder, Executive Chairman, The Estée Lauder Companies
- Bernard Looney, Chief Executive Officer, BP
- Fiona Ma, Treasurer, State of California
- Hiro Mizuno, Member of the Board, Principles for Responsible Investment
- Brian Moynihan, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer, Bank of America
- Ronald P. O’Hanley, President and Chief Executive Officer, State Street Corporation
- Rajiv Shah, President, The Rockefeller Foundation
- Tidjane Thiam, Special Envoy on COVID-19, African Union
- Darren Walker, President, Ford Foundation
- Mark Weinberger, Former Chair and CEO of EY, and Board member of J&J, MetLife, and Saudi Aramco
About the Council for Inclusive Capitalism:
The Council for Inclusive Capitalism is a global nonprofit organization established to harness the potential of the private sector to create a more inclusive, sustainable, and trusted form of capitalism. The Council is guided by His Eminence Cardinal Peter Turkson, who leads the Dicastery for Promoting Integral Human Development at the Vatican and is led by a core group of global CEOs and public leaders who convene annually with the Vatican to advance the Council’s mission. Further information can be found at www.inclusivecapitalism.com.
About Alpha Sigma Capital:
Active Investing in the Blockchain Economy.™
Alpha Sigma Capital (ASC) is an investment fund focused on emerging blockchain companies that are successfully building their user-base, demonstrating real-world uses for their decentralized ecosystems, and moving blockchain technology towards mass-adoption. ASC is focused on companies leveraging blockchain technology to provide value-add in areas such as fintech, AI, supply chain, and healthcare. You can find more information at www.alphasigma.fund. To apply to receive our research, Follow us on Twitter @alphasigmafund and LinkedIn
Council for Inclusive Capitalism media contact:
Director of Communications
Alpha Sigma Capital
Powered by WPeMatico