DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Malaysia Telecom Operators Country Intelligence 2020” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Malaysia Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Malaysia today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2024. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Malaysia’s total telecom and pay-TV revenue will decline from US$8.6 billion in 2019 to US$8.2 billion in 2020, as operators offer free data allowances to Malaysian citizens during containment restrictions. However we expect revenue in Malaysia to increase to reach about $9.1 billion by 2024, supported by increasing service revenue mainly from the mobile data, fixed broadband, and pay-TV segments. Mobile data accounted for 37.4% of total telecom services revenue in 2019 and will remain the largest revenue contributing segment through 2024.
The report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Malaysia.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- Overall revenue will increase at a CAGR 1.1% from $8.6 billion in 2019 to $9.1 billion by 2024.
- Mobile service revenue accounted for 62.4% of total telecom revenue in 2019 and mobile data segment will represent the leading revenue generating segment throughout forecast period.
- 4G represents the leading mobile service technology in Malaysia and accounted for 74.1% of the total mobile subscriptions at the end of 2019. With all major MNOs accelerating their roll-out of 5G network, we expect 5G to commercially launch in 2021.
- The top three mobile operators, Digi, Maxis, and Celcom accounted for 69.8% of the total mobile subscriptions in 2019.
Key Topics Covered
1. Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
2. Regulatory context
- Telecomand pay-TV services market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- Pay-TV services market
3. Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- Telekom Malaysia
- Maxis Malaysia
- Celcom Malaysia
- DiGi Malaysia
- Additional resources
- Baseline forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- U Mobile
- Telekom Malaysia
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ue5mrl
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Powered by WPeMatico