Research conducted by leading travel technology firm Criton reveals the importance of hotel technology to improve the experience of today’s travellers
Dependence on mobile phones when travelling is brought into sharp focus by a survey of more than 3,600 travellers which reveals a growing appreciation for bespoke travel apps. Research commissioned by Edinburgh-based hospitality firm Criton, highlights that loyalty programmes, self-check-in/out and accessing your hotel room via a digital door key are primary requirements of today’s guests.
If their favourite hotel was to have its own app, 74% of respondents overwhelmingly stated they would use this digital channel, with only 10% favouring an in-room device such as a hotel’s smartphone or tablet. This reinforces Criton’s core belief that the future of hotel technology is own device. Hoteliers no longer need to absorb the cost of installing in-room devices when their guests travel with their own smartphone and are more comfortable with the apps and content within it.
The opportunity to check-in via an app and access their hotel room via a digital door key was warmly received with 58% likely or very likely to want this technology. With 68% finding it unacceptable to queue at reception for longer than five minutes, offering guests access to a service which global chains already offer is fast becoming a core priority for independent operators.
Respondents prioritised loyalty programmes as their favoured element of hotel technology with 53% recognising it as their top requirement. In a competitive landscape, the opportunity to drive direct and repeat bookings through a personalised loyalty programme will ensure hoteliers save on OTA commission while creating their own closed marketing group to upsell onsite services and facilities.
Underlining modern travellers’ awareness of technology, the survey found an audience ready to talk about tech use and expectations while travelling. Reflecting on the results of the survey, Julie Grieve, founder and CEO of Criton, which developed the UK’s first intuitive app builder for the hospitality sector, said:
“Increasingly, today’s travellers are downloading apps that help them get around and stay connected with their hotel. That level of tech awareness or even dependency also raises expectations for information, guest services, such as check-in, digital key and offers and incentives to reward their loyalty.
“Respondents to the survey were people who travel regularly, with the majority opting for a mid-range hotel or accommodation. It is increasingly clear that adopting technology has to be seen as an imperative for all hospitality providers; it is not something purely for the major franchises.”
Criton lets independent operators compete with big chain technology through an easy to use platform. From digitising the traditional hotel room guest book to PMS, live chat, digital door key and in-room ordering integrations all contained within a fully-branded hotel app; Criton supports hospitality businesses with their digital transformation strategies and work with clients across the UK and overseas.
An online survey ran from Tuesday 26th March until Monday 1st April and received a total of 3,654 responses, of whom 1,311 were classed as business travellers.
- 45% of travellers stated they travel for leisure 2-3 times a year
- 36% travel for business
- 39% use TripAdvisor as main source of research and inspiration before booking a hotel, followed by 29% of respondents relying on online search
- 40% of travellers said they regularly stay in a 4-star (boutique) hotel, with 6% in a 5-star (luxury) hotel. The majority (47%) stated they regularly stay in a 3-star (mid-range) hotel
- 53% have at least one hotel app on their phone
- 74% would use a hotel app if their favourite hotel had one
- 55% stated it is acceptable to wait at check-in 2-5 minutes
- 62% would be likely or very likely to check-in to a hotel via an app
- 58% would be likely or very likely to check-in to a hotel via an app and use digital key
- 62% use an accommodation app regularly (eg Airbnb)
- 57% use a transport app regularly
- 47% use an airline app regularly
- 36% uses a hotel app regularly
The hotel technology that respondents seek:
- 53% – loyalty programmes
- 35% – self check-in
- 10% – in-room mobile
- 18% – in-room tablet
- Criton won the ‘Best Technology Provider’ award at the 2018 Travolution Awards and was Highly Commended for Best Use of Mobile
- Criton won the ‘Industry Breakthrough and Innovation Award’ at the ASAP Awards 2018
- Julie Grieve, Founder & CEO won the prestigious ‘HOSPACE 2017 Best Entrepreneur Award’
The 13th Annual ADCOLOR Awards Takes Place September 8th, 2019 in Los Angeles
Eva Longoria to be Recognized with the Beacon Award Presented by ADWEEK
ADCOLOR, the premier organization dedicated to celebrating and promoting professionals of color and diversity in the creative industries, announced their 2019 Honorees and Nominees at ADCOLOR Live in the Facebook Live Studios.
The organization also announced the 2019 class of ADCOLOR FUTURES, a program that chooses the best and brightest professionals who are one to three years into their career to attend the annual conference and awards show which will take place September 6th through the 8th at the J.W. Marriott Los Angeles L.A. Live Hotel in Los Angeles, CA.
Actor, director, producer and activist, Eva Longoria was recognized as the 2019 Beacon Award presented by ADWEEK, the leading resource for the brand marketing and advertising community. “There is no better honoree to set the tone of Adweek’s inaugural Beacon Award than Eva Longoria,” said Lisa Granatstein, Editor, SVP, Programming, Adweek. “From her formidable seven-year-old Eva Longoria Foundation that empowers Latinas via STEM education and entrepreneurship to her leadership role calling for diversity in Hollywood, Eva’s remarkable accomplishments are both authentic and action-oriented.” The inaugural Beacon Award honors talent who uses their celebrity as a catalyst to change the status quo in the quest for diversity and inclusion. In May, ADCOLOR and Adweek partnered on the first Champion awards and celebration recognizing the fearless leaders and rising stars in marketing and media who embody ADCOLOR’s call to “Rise Up. Reach Back.”
The announcement took place at the Facebook Live Studios and was hosted by Dana Blair, on-air host, correspondent and entrepreneur, along with Tiffany R. Warren, ADCOLOR Founder and President and members of the ADCOLOR community.
The 13th Annual ADCOLOR Awards will highlight and honor the achievements of African-American, American Indian/Native American, Asian Pacific-American, Hispanic/Latino and LGBTQ professionals, as well as spotlighting diversity and inclusion champions in the creative industries.
“I’m so inspired by the collective achievements, energy and the ways in which the 2019 Honorees, Nominees and FUTURES have taken a stand in their professional and personal lives,” said ADCOLOR Founder and President Tiffany R. Warren. “The 13th Annual ADCOLOR Awards in September will provide us with an opportunity to express the ways in which ADCOLOR honorees, nominees ad FUTURES ‘Took A Stand,’ in line with this year’s theme. I can’t wait to celebrate the remarkable ways they have risen up and reached back with our ADCOLOR community and beyond.”
The ADCOLOR Award Nominees and Honorees are carefully selected from a large population of diverse influencers across the creative industries. The finalists are chosen by the individual’s representation of ADCOLOR’s motto, “Rise Up and Reach Back” and ways they took a stand in line with this year’s conference and awards theme. Those honored not only excel in their own careers, but also give back to the community and support their peers. Their goal is to create a network of diverse professionals to encourage and celebrate one another.
Please join September 6th through 8th for ADCOLOR 2019. Registration is now open and early bird pricing ends July 1st. Visit ADCOLOR.org for more details.
Below you can find the full list of Nominees, Honorees and FUTURES for this year’s ADCOLOR Awards.
ADCOLOR 2019 Partners
Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Omnicom Group, DIAGEO, Procter & Gamble, Verizon Media, Wieden+Kennedy, Apple, Spotify, TBWA\ Worldwide, American Express, NBCUniversal, Ogilvy, Twitter, 72andSunny, DDB Worldwide, Deutsch Inc., Disney Advertising Sales, Edelman, Pandora, 72andSunny, Anomaly, Apple Music, Beats By Dre, BMW, Buzzfeed, DAS Global Group of Companies, Digitas, FCB, HBO, LOL Network, McCann New York, Omnicom Media Group, Pinterest, Publicis Groupe, Publicis Health Group, RGA, Trip Advisor, Zambezi
ADCOLOR Corporate Members
72andSunny, Ad Club of New York, American Advertising Federation, BBDO NY, Deutsch Inc., Dieste, Droga5, Facebook, Hearst Magazines, MSL Group, Stephen Kim, TBWA\ Worldwide, Wieden+Kennedy
The 2019 ADCOLOR Nominees are as follows:
The Ad of the Year
Campaign: Love Has No Labels – “Rising”
Client: Ad Council
Campaign: “Changing The Game”
Agency: McCann NY
Campaign: “Dream Crazy”
Campaign: “An Open Mind Is The Best Look”
Campaign: “Truth Is Worth It – Perseverance”
Client: NY Times
- Vincent Pierson, Director, Diversity & Inclusion, Minor League Baseball
- Alexandra Siegel, Senior Manager, Equality Content, Narrative, and Marketing, Salesforce
- Sherice Torres, Marketing Director, Google
- Dhane Scotti, Integrated Consumer Marketing Lead for Pixel, Google
- Michael Warner, Chief Relationship Officer | Partner, EGAMI Group
- Krystle Watler, Head of Business Development, Virtue
- Shala Akintunde, Creative Director/ Founder, The Movement Worldwide
- Antionette Carroll, President and CEO (Founder), Creative Reaction Lab
- LaToya Drake, Global Outreach Lead, Google
- Julian Gillian, Senior Art Director, Leo Burnett Chicago
- Tiffany Golden, Associate Producer, Wieden+Kennedy
- Mariano Pintor, Account Supervisor / Social Media, McCann NY
ADCOLOR in Tech
- Brendan Chan, Program Manager, CS Education, Google
- Danielle Lee, VP, Global Head of Partner Solutions, Spotify
- Stacey Mahoney, Global Sales Strategist, Microsoft
- TONL & NIKE
- R/GA & The AD Council
- Google, Inc. & UN Women
The 2019 ADCOLOR Honorees are as follows:
Beacon Award presented by ADWEEK
- Eva Longoria, Actress, Producer, Director, Philanthropist
- Steve Pamon, Chief Operating Officer, Parkwood Entertainment
- Helen Lin, Chief Digital Officer, Publicis Media
- Ted Chung, Founder & Chairman, Cashmere Agency
- Gold House
- AdFellows, a program of Verizon
- The Curly Girl Collective
- Don Lemon, Host “CNN Tonight
Lifetime Achievement Awards
- Hector Orci, Founder & Co-Chairman, Orci
- Sheldon Levy, Former SVP, Deputy/Associate Head of Production, Saatchi & Saatchi NY
ADCOLOR/One Club Creative Awards
- Robert Wong, Chief Creative Officer, Google
- Brandon Rochon, Managing Chief Creative Officer, Kastner & Partners and Founder & Chief Creative Officer, SNKRINC.
- Joon Park, Cultural Strategist, Sparks + Honey
- Brittany Johnson, Creative Strategist, Facebook
The 2019 FUTURES are as follows:
- Ace Patterson, Consumer Marketing Operations Manager, Facebook
- Alex Harris, Partner Manager, Facebook
- Alex Studer, Account Executive, Deutsch
- Alexandra Givan, Government Communications Manager, Comcast
- Aniqua Hendricks, Multicultural Media Strategist, Hearts & Science
- Barbara Gonzales, Assistant Manager of PR and Social Media, Ad Council
- Bryan Stromer, Communications Manager, Microsoft
- Gloria Lin, Community Manager, Edelman
- Helena Berhane, Strategic Planner, Fluent360
- James Ramseur, Assistant Comms and Media Planner, Wieden+Kennedy
- Jorge Tajj Badil-Abish, Junior Copywriter, FCB West
- Julian Soto, Copy Supervisor, Patients & Purpose
- Kelly Garcia, Copywriter, Ogilvy
- Kevin Lam, Senior Product Designer, Elephant
- Keyon Branch, Digital Media Planner, OMD
- Maimouna Siby, Marketing Strategist, Squarespace
- Makeda Loney, Copywriter, FCB Chicago
- Nagini Reddy, Junior Graphic Designer, Wieden+Kennedy
- Nicole Dei, Account Coordinator, HBO
- Omar Wilson, Account Manager, Facebook
- Pilar McQuirter, Talent Program Manager, Havas WorldWide Chicago
- Samrawit Seifu, Associate Creative, Buzzfeed
- Sayid Abdullaev, Product Marketing Manager, YouTube
- Selly Sallah, Sponsorship Marketing Associate, NPR
- Shantae Howell, Creative Strategist, Vox Media
- Tatiana Britt, Assistant Account Executive
- Veronica Peñaloza-Wolfermann, Account Manager, Facebook
- Victoria Onuzuruike, Assistant Producer, Ogilvy
For more information, please visit: www.adcolor.org and follow @adcolor across all social media.
Elekta Wins 2019 ‘Medical Device Engineering Breakthrough’ Award From MedTech Breakthrough
Annual awards program recognizes outstanding health and medical technology products and companies
Elekta (EKTA-B.ST), today announced that MedTech Breakthrough, an independent organization that recognizes the top companies and solutions in the global health and medical technology market, has presented the “Medical Device Engineering Breakthrough” award in the 2019 MedTech Breakthrough Awards program to Elekta for its Elekta Unity MR-linac.
Elekta Unity combines two technologies: a state-of-the-art 1.5T MRI scanner and a best-in-class 7 MV linear accelerator, driven by breakthrough real-time adaptive radiotherapy software. It provides the ability to reshape the dose based on daily changes in shape, size and position of the tumor and surrounding healthy anatomy, as visualized with MRI, and then enables accurate dose delivery with real-time visualization of the tumor.
“We reserve our Medical Device Engineering Breakthrough award for recognizing transformative technology and Elekta Unity is a shining example of groundbreaking medical technology deserving of this designation,” said James Johnson, managing director, MedTech Breakthrough. “In addition to Elekta Unity displaying breakthrough engineering that combines precision radiation therapy and high-field MR imaging, Elekta Unity addresses one of the most critical healthcare issues in the world with a focus on providing the next generation of cancer care.”
The mission of the MedTech Breakthrough Awards is to honor excellence and recognize the innovation, hard work and success in a range of health and medical technology categories, including Robotics, Clinical Administration, Telehealth, Patient Engagement, Electronic Health Records, mHealth, Medical Devices, Medical Data and many more. This year’s program attracted more than 3,500 nominations from over 15 different countries throughout the world.
“It’s an honor for Elekta to win this prestigious award,” said Richard Hausmann, Elekta’s President and CEO. “The Unity system’s breakthrough technology demonstrates our leadership in precision radiation medicine and commitment to the needs of the patient and cancer care team delivering treatment.”
Robert Woolston, Managing Director at DCA Design International, Elekta’s design partner for the MR-linac system, commented, “Congratulations to all involved in the development of Elekta Unity. We are delighted to see this system winning award after award and most importantly to see it improving cancer patients’ radiotherapy experience and outcomes, as it ushers in a transformation in precision and personalized cancer treatment.”
Through Elekta Unity’s integrated and responsive software, tumors and surrounding tissue can be precisely located, their movement tracked, and treatment adapted in real time based on live information. This allows treatment plans to be adapted while the patient is on the table in response to changes in tumor position, shape, biology and the relationship to sensitive organs over time.
Canadian Entrepreneurs Recognized for Breakthrough Innovations in Food, Health, Aviation and Environment
Five up-and-coming Canadian researchers-turned-entrepreneurs will be recognized at the following event for their ground-breaking innovations that are strengthening Canada’s economy and improving the lives of Canadians.
|What:||Mitacs Entrepreneur Awards|
|Recognizing leading Canadian innovators|
|When:||Tuesday, May 28, 2019|
|Networking at 5:30 p.m.; Panel discussion on Canadian
entrepreneurship at 6:15 p.m.; Awards ceremony at 6:45 p.m
|Where:||Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21|
|1055 Marginal Rd, Halifax|
|R.S.V.P.:||Elizabeth Glassen – GBPR|
|firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-886-4091|
The awards, presented by Mitacs — a not-for-profit organization that fosters growth and innovation in Canada for business and academia — celebrate start-up companies founded by outstanding former Mitacs interns, postdoctoral fellows and training participants, who have gone on to lead their respective fields as independent business owners.
SOURCE: Mitacs Inc.
Subscribe to PICANTE via Email
Follow us on Facebook
Shortages of Low-Skill, Middle-Skill, and High-Skill Workers Causing Revenue Declines and Other Headaches for Employers, TrueBlue’s Latest Study Finds
Law Firm of Estey & Bomberger Reports: Uber Says Nearly 6,000 Rapes, Sexual Assaults Occurred in Two-year Period
Best’s Market Segment Report: AM Best Maintains Global Reinsurance Market Outlook at Stable
Play harnesses ADVA timing solution for 5G-ready mobile network
Japan’s Friendship Ties Programs JENESYS 2019 ASEAN Inbound Program 15th Batch
Alfresco Wins 2019 Aragon Research Innovation Award for Content Management
Mark Your Calendars! Best Buy Unveils 12 Days of Deals
Chorus.ai Wins 2019 Aragon Research Innovation Award for Conversational AI
The 3rd HK Store of “A Happy Pancake” Finally Opens!!
Dynatrace Announces Pricing of Follow-On Offering By Selling Stockholders
Interview with Branislav (“Banne”) Gjorcevski (CEO at IT Labs)
Burrelles Announces Corporate Partnership With Talkwalker to Provide Social Listening Services to Clients
List of iPhone, AirPods, iPad, MacBook & Apple Watch Black Friday Deals (2019): The Top Apple Watch 5, iPhone 11, XS, MacBook Pro & iPad Pro Sales Compared by Save Bubble
Venture Capital Investment in FinTech: A Visualisation
6 Tips For Keeping Your Carpet Super Clean
Enterprise Rent-A-Car Smashes Children In Need Fundraising Target Thanks to Bespoke Donation Solution
Pourquoi le standard PCI DSS est-il incontournable pour fiabiliser les transactions en ligne dans le secteur du tourisme
The Best iMac & Mac Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals (2019): List of Apple Mac & iMac Mini, Pro Savings Shared by The Consumer Post
Investors’ confidence in P2P lending is growing in Europe
Here’s the Best Android Smartphone Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2019 Deals: List of Moto, OnePlus, LG, HTC, Pixel & Galaxy Cell Phone Sales Listed by Consumer Walk
Follow our Tweets
Beauty and Lifestyle7 days ago
Is It Safe To Drive On CBD?
Business Wire6 days ago
HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, Samsung Gear & PSVR Cyber Monday Deals (2019): Top VR Headset Sales Researched by The Consumer Post
IT7 days ago
Rovio Entertainment Corporation: Repurchase of own shares on 29 November 2019
Business Wire7 days ago
Garmin Black Friday 2019 (ForeRunner, Fenix, Vivosmart, Instinct, etc) Smartwatch Deals Listed by Deal Answers
Business Wire6 days ago
Monitor Cyber Monday Deals (2019): Top Samsung, Acer, ASUS, HP, G-Sync & LG Monitor Sales Researched by Consumer Articles
IT7 days ago
CORRECTION: MOBI724 Global Solutions (TSX-V: MOS) Announces Q3 2019 Financial Highlights
IT7 days ago
StrongPoint ASA: 500 Cash Guard units to BULLION it
IT7 days ago
VirtualArmour Reports Q3 2019 Results; Services Revenue Exceeds Product Sales Revenue For First Time