From the 17th to the 19th of May, the city will turn into one great concert hall with performances scheduled from dawn to late at night
Milan becomes one great concert hall with the eighth edition of PIANO CITY MILANO, held from the 17th to 19th of May. More than 50 hours of performance, scheduled from dawn until night, totaling over 400 free performances defining the most engaging open festival in town, which comes to life within classic spaces dedicated to music as well as in Milan’s unusual and secret spaces: museums and art galleries, historic buildings, private houses, terraces, courtyards and parks.
Conceived in 2012 with the aim of returning the city to its inhabitants and to the many tourists who appreciate its cultural offer, PIANO CITY MILANOis the extraordinary result of a project sponsored by the city of Milan and the Association Piano City Milano. Thanks to the efforts of the festival founders and its association, including Daniela Cattaneo Diaz and Titti Santini, who makes the event possible every year, PIANO CITY MILANO makes use of the contribution and enthusiasm of partners, musicians, businesses, media, institutions and associations, which have created a virtuous network to support this wonderful urban experience.
As is customary, this year PIANO CITY MILANO was envisioned as an open and participatory festival with two major locations serving as a reference point for calendar events: GAM Piano Center for daytime concerts and Palazzina Liberty Piano Center for nighttime events. From these symbolic places in Milan, the schedule of events propagates naturally throughout the city. Confirming the international success of the festival, hundreds of applications by pianists from all over the world will ensure a replica of the exceptional numbers of the last edition: 480 concerts,150 venues and a total of 100,000 spectators.
The artistic direction of PIANO CITY MILANO is conducted once again by Ricciarda Belgiojoso and Titti Santini, while the executive direction is led by Manuela Rosignoli and Lorenzo Carni, one of the founding members of the Association. The project is supervised by Ponderosa Music & Art and Accapiù which has gained a huge media and public success.
PIANO CITY MILANO is born as an experimental project, based on social, cultural and generational contaminations, bringing music to the heart of Milan. Today, it is one of the most anticipated events of the year for what has become a vibrant metropolis, contemporary and European.
SOURCE: M&C Saatchi PR
‘Long Gone By’ to Premiere at HBO’s New York Latino Film Festival 2019
From Acclaimed Filmmaker Andrew Morgan and Untold Films Comes a Feature Narrative Film, Starring Erica Muñoz, Portraying The Impossible Realities of Undocumented Latinx Immigrants
“Andrew is focused, driven, kind, incredibly patient, and ridiculously talented. Working with him was, without question, the most rewarding professional experience of my life,” said lead and Associate Producer, Erica Muñoz. “The rest of the team – in particular, Emily Morgan, his wife and producing partner, created an environment where everyone felt so supported in every conceivable way.”
The 13th Annual ADCOLOR Awards Takes Place September 8th, 2019 in Los Angeles
Eva Longoria to be Recognized with the Beacon Award Presented by ADWEEK
ADCOLOR, the premier organization dedicated to celebrating and promoting professionals of color and diversity in the creative industries, announced their 2019 Honorees and Nominees at ADCOLOR Live in the Facebook Live Studios.
The organization also announced the 2019 class of ADCOLOR FUTURES, a program that chooses the best and brightest professionals who are one to three years into their career to attend the annual conference and awards show which will take place September 6th through the 8th at the J.W. Marriott Los Angeles L.A. Live Hotel in Los Angeles, CA.
Actor, director, producer and activist, Eva Longoria was recognized as the 2019 Beacon Award presented by ADWEEK, the leading resource for the brand marketing and advertising community. “There is no better honoree to set the tone of Adweek’s inaugural Beacon Award than Eva Longoria,” said Lisa Granatstein, Editor, SVP, Programming, Adweek. “From her formidable seven-year-old Eva Longoria Foundation that empowers Latinas via STEM education and entrepreneurship to her leadership role calling for diversity in Hollywood, Eva’s remarkable accomplishments are both authentic and action-oriented.” The inaugural Beacon Award honors talent who uses their celebrity as a catalyst to change the status quo in the quest for diversity and inclusion. In May, ADCOLOR and Adweek partnered on the first Champion awards and celebration recognizing the fearless leaders and rising stars in marketing and media who embody ADCOLOR’s call to “Rise Up. Reach Back.”
The announcement took place at the Facebook Live Studios and was hosted by Dana Blair, on-air host, correspondent and entrepreneur, along with Tiffany R. Warren, ADCOLOR Founder and President and members of the ADCOLOR community.
The 13th Annual ADCOLOR Awards will highlight and honor the achievements of African-American, American Indian/Native American, Asian Pacific-American, Hispanic/Latino and LGBTQ professionals, as well as spotlighting diversity and inclusion champions in the creative industries.
“I’m so inspired by the collective achievements, energy and the ways in which the 2019 Honorees, Nominees and FUTURES have taken a stand in their professional and personal lives,” said ADCOLOR Founder and President Tiffany R. Warren. “The 13th Annual ADCOLOR Awards in September will provide us with an opportunity to express the ways in which ADCOLOR honorees, nominees ad FUTURES ‘Took A Stand,’ in line with this year’s theme. I can’t wait to celebrate the remarkable ways they have risen up and reached back with our ADCOLOR community and beyond.”
The ADCOLOR Award Nominees and Honorees are carefully selected from a large population of diverse influencers across the creative industries. The finalists are chosen by the individual’s representation of ADCOLOR’s motto, “Rise Up and Reach Back” and ways they took a stand in line with this year’s conference and awards theme. Those honored not only excel in their own careers, but also give back to the community and support their peers. Their goal is to create a network of diverse professionals to encourage and celebrate one another.
Please join September 6th through 8th for ADCOLOR 2019. Registration is now open and early bird pricing ends July 1st. Visit ADCOLOR.org for more details.
Below you can find the full list of Nominees, Honorees and FUTURES for this year’s ADCOLOR Awards.
ADCOLOR 2019 Partners
Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Omnicom Group, DIAGEO, Procter & Gamble, Verizon Media, Wieden+Kennedy, Apple, Spotify, TBWA\ Worldwide, American Express, NBCUniversal, Ogilvy, Twitter, 72andSunny, DDB Worldwide, Deutsch Inc., Disney Advertising Sales, Edelman, Pandora, 72andSunny, Anomaly, Apple Music, Beats By Dre, BMW, Buzzfeed, DAS Global Group of Companies, Digitas, FCB, HBO, LOL Network, McCann New York, Omnicom Media Group, Pinterest, Publicis Groupe, Publicis Health Group, RGA, Trip Advisor, Zambezi
ADCOLOR Corporate Members
72andSunny, Ad Club of New York, American Advertising Federation, BBDO NY, Deutsch Inc., Dieste, Droga5, Facebook, Hearst Magazines, MSL Group, Stephen Kim, TBWA\ Worldwide, Wieden+Kennedy
The 2019 ADCOLOR Nominees are as follows:
The Ad of the Year
Campaign: Love Has No Labels – “Rising”
Client: Ad Council
Campaign: “Changing The Game”
Agency: McCann NY
Campaign: “Dream Crazy”
Campaign: “An Open Mind Is The Best Look”
Campaign: “Truth Is Worth It – Perseverance”
Client: NY Times
- Vincent Pierson, Director, Diversity & Inclusion, Minor League Baseball
- Alexandra Siegel, Senior Manager, Equality Content, Narrative, and Marketing, Salesforce
- Sherice Torres, Marketing Director, Google
- Dhane Scotti, Integrated Consumer Marketing Lead for Pixel, Google
- Michael Warner, Chief Relationship Officer | Partner, EGAMI Group
- Krystle Watler, Head of Business Development, Virtue
- Shala Akintunde, Creative Director/ Founder, The Movement Worldwide
- Antionette Carroll, President and CEO (Founder), Creative Reaction Lab
- LaToya Drake, Global Outreach Lead, Google
- Julian Gillian, Senior Art Director, Leo Burnett Chicago
- Tiffany Golden, Associate Producer, Wieden+Kennedy
- Mariano Pintor, Account Supervisor / Social Media, McCann NY
ADCOLOR in Tech
- Brendan Chan, Program Manager, CS Education, Google
- Danielle Lee, VP, Global Head of Partner Solutions, Spotify
- Stacey Mahoney, Global Sales Strategist, Microsoft
- TONL & NIKE
- R/GA & The AD Council
- Google, Inc. & UN Women
The 2019 ADCOLOR Honorees are as follows:
Beacon Award presented by ADWEEK
- Eva Longoria, Actress, Producer, Director, Philanthropist
- Steve Pamon, Chief Operating Officer, Parkwood Entertainment
- Helen Lin, Chief Digital Officer, Publicis Media
- Ted Chung, Founder & Chairman, Cashmere Agency
- Gold House
- AdFellows, a program of Verizon
- The Curly Girl Collective
- Don Lemon, Host “CNN Tonight
Lifetime Achievement Awards
- Hector Orci, Founder & Co-Chairman, Orci
- Sheldon Levy, Former SVP, Deputy/Associate Head of Production, Saatchi & Saatchi NY
ADCOLOR/One Club Creative Awards
- Robert Wong, Chief Creative Officer, Google
- Brandon Rochon, Managing Chief Creative Officer, Kastner & Partners and Founder & Chief Creative Officer, SNKRINC.
- Joon Park, Cultural Strategist, Sparks + Honey
- Brittany Johnson, Creative Strategist, Facebook
The 2019 FUTURES are as follows:
- Ace Patterson, Consumer Marketing Operations Manager, Facebook
- Alex Harris, Partner Manager, Facebook
- Alex Studer, Account Executive, Deutsch
- Alexandra Givan, Government Communications Manager, Comcast
- Aniqua Hendricks, Multicultural Media Strategist, Hearts & Science
- Barbara Gonzales, Assistant Manager of PR and Social Media, Ad Council
- Bryan Stromer, Communications Manager, Microsoft
- Gloria Lin, Community Manager, Edelman
- Helena Berhane, Strategic Planner, Fluent360
- James Ramseur, Assistant Comms and Media Planner, Wieden+Kennedy
- Jorge Tajj Badil-Abish, Junior Copywriter, FCB West
- Julian Soto, Copy Supervisor, Patients & Purpose
- Kelly Garcia, Copywriter, Ogilvy
- Kevin Lam, Senior Product Designer, Elephant
- Keyon Branch, Digital Media Planner, OMD
- Maimouna Siby, Marketing Strategist, Squarespace
- Makeda Loney, Copywriter, FCB Chicago
- Nagini Reddy, Junior Graphic Designer, Wieden+Kennedy
- Nicole Dei, Account Coordinator, HBO
- Omar Wilson, Account Manager, Facebook
- Pilar McQuirter, Talent Program Manager, Havas WorldWide Chicago
- Samrawit Seifu, Associate Creative, Buzzfeed
- Sayid Abdullaev, Product Marketing Manager, YouTube
- Selly Sallah, Sponsorship Marketing Associate, NPR
- Shantae Howell, Creative Strategist, Vox Media
- Tatiana Britt, Assistant Account Executive
- Veronica Peñaloza-Wolfermann, Account Manager, Facebook
- Victoria Onuzuruike, Assistant Producer, Ogilvy
For more information, please visit: www.adcolor.org and follow @adcolor across all social media.
The North Face Launches a Global Effort to Make Earth Day a National Holiday
The brand will close its stores on Earth Day, launch a global petition to make Earth Day an officially recognized holiday and celebrate exploration through city takeovers across the globe
Beginning today, The North Face will activate “Explore Mode” in major cities leading up to Earth Day on Monday, April 22. Throughout the week, The North Face will partner with musicians, artists and culinary influencers to host a series of one-of-a-kind experiences that encourage people to disconnect digitally and engage with their surroundings.
The week will culminate with The North Face and 15 organizations around the world partnering to launch a global Change.org petition to make Earth Day an officially recognized holiday. The North Face will also shut down 113 stores in the US and Canada, as well as its global headquarters on Earth Day to provide opportunity for employees to disconnect and explore.
“The North Face is no stranger to exploration and this Earth Day we are proud to join our partners and fellow explorers in a global effort to make Earth Day a national holiday,” said Global General Manager of Lifestyle at The North Face, Tim Bantle. “We believe that when people take time to appreciate the Earth, they feel more connected to it and are more likely to protect it. Explore Mode urges us to unplug from our digital lives to connect in real life to the world, each other, and ourselves in the effort to move the world forward.”
The North Face partnered with influencers including singer and songwriter Ella Mai, chef Angela Dimayuga and model and activist Gabrielle Richardson to host bespoke events in New York City that will reflect the brand’s spirit and the mindset of exploration in music, food and art, along with encouraging exploration in the outdoors. These experiences will only be accessible to those who put down their phones and digital devices to be present in the moment.
Explore Mode experiences are rooted in inspiring and enabling people everywhere to unplug from their digital lives and connect in real life to the one another and the world around them.
- Tuesday, April 16: Grammy-winning singer and songwriter Ella Maijoins with vintage fashion collector and curator, Brian Procell, to throw the ultimate 90s throwback party – a mash-up of music and streetwear. Mai will pay homage to the hits and looks of past decades that inspire culture today, while Procell’s collection, including vintage looks from The North Face, is on display.
- Wednesday, April 17: World renowned chef Angela Dimayuga will go off menu and bring a select number of consumers along for the ride as she explores the many flavors of NYC that bring her inspiration.
- Thursday, April 18: Model-artist-activist Gabrielle Richardson takes over Skylight Soho to curate an art exhibition under the theme of exploration. Guests are invited to participate in a “live” piece onsite with Gabrielle and her partners through an interactive display of artistic exploration.
The brand will also activate Explore Mode in other major cities globally including London, Manchester, Munich and Paris.
“Exploration drives creativity. It is important to me to find musical inspiration from all the world’s aspects,” said Mai. “I’m excited to partner with The North Face to celebrate the many forms of exploration and show New York City what exploration means to me.”
Before closing stores, The North Face will also switch its retail locations into Explore Mode where customers can find all the resources they need to spend Earth Day off the grid, exploring the outdoors. Customers who choose to take part in The North Face exploration activities will be rewarded with an exploration kit that includes analog gear to stay present and capture memories without the need for digital devices.
The North Face is committed to social good through programs like the Explore Fund, as well as conservation efforts since its founding in 1966. For more information on Earth Day as a national holiday or to sign the petition visit:
SOURCE: The North Face
Subscribe to PICANTE via Email
Follow us on Facebook
Shortages of Low-Skill, Middle-Skill, and High-Skill Workers Causing Revenue Declines and Other Headaches for Employers, TrueBlue’s Latest Study Finds
Law Firm of Estey & Bomberger Reports: Uber Says Nearly 6,000 Rapes, Sexual Assaults Occurred in Two-year Period
Best’s Market Segment Report: AM Best Maintains Global Reinsurance Market Outlook at Stable
Play harnesses ADVA timing solution for 5G-ready mobile network
Japan’s Friendship Ties Programs JENESYS 2019 ASEAN Inbound Program 15th Batch
Alfresco Wins 2019 Aragon Research Innovation Award for Content Management
Mark Your Calendars! Best Buy Unveils 12 Days of Deals
Chorus.ai Wins 2019 Aragon Research Innovation Award for Conversational AI
The 3rd HK Store of “A Happy Pancake” Finally Opens!!
Dynatrace Announces Pricing of Follow-On Offering By Selling Stockholders
Interview with Branislav (“Banne”) Gjorcevski (CEO at IT Labs)
Burrelles Announces Corporate Partnership With Talkwalker to Provide Social Listening Services to Clients
List of iPhone, AirPods, iPad, MacBook & Apple Watch Black Friday Deals (2019): The Top Apple Watch 5, iPhone 11, XS, MacBook Pro & iPad Pro Sales Compared by Save Bubble
Venture Capital Investment in FinTech: A Visualisation
6 Tips For Keeping Your Carpet Super Clean
Enterprise Rent-A-Car Smashes Children In Need Fundraising Target Thanks to Bespoke Donation Solution
Pourquoi le standard PCI DSS est-il incontournable pour fiabiliser les transactions en ligne dans le secteur du tourisme
The Best iMac & Mac Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals (2019): List of Apple Mac & iMac Mini, Pro Savings Shared by The Consumer Post
Investors’ confidence in P2P lending is growing in Europe
Here’s the Best Android Smartphone Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2019 Deals: List of Moto, OnePlus, LG, HTC, Pixel & Galaxy Cell Phone Sales Listed by Consumer Walk
Follow our Tweets
Beauty and Lifestyle7 days ago
Is It Safe To Drive On CBD?
Business Wire6 days ago
HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, Samsung Gear & PSVR Cyber Monday Deals (2019): Top VR Headset Sales Researched by The Consumer Post
IT7 days ago
Rovio Entertainment Corporation: Repurchase of own shares on 29 November 2019
Business Wire7 days ago
Garmin Black Friday 2019 (ForeRunner, Fenix, Vivosmart, Instinct, etc) Smartwatch Deals Listed by Deal Answers
Business Wire6 days ago
Monitor Cyber Monday Deals (2019): Top Samsung, Acer, ASUS, HP, G-Sync & LG Monitor Sales Researched by Consumer Articles
IT7 days ago
CORRECTION: MOBI724 Global Solutions (TSX-V: MOS) Announces Q3 2019 Financial Highlights
IT7 days ago
StrongPoint ASA: 500 Cash Guard units to BULLION it
IT7 days ago
VirtualArmour Reports Q3 2019 Results; Services Revenue Exceeds Product Sales Revenue For First Time