Large, bold, capable and comfortable, the midsize Telluride SUV opens the door to exploring in a whole new way. Imagined in America, designed at Kia’s design studio in California, and assembled in Georgia1, the Telluride is all about big skies, desert roads, mountain passes, shady forests, smooth highways, and long coastal drives. The largest Kia ever, it provides comfortable seating for up to eight, a powerful 291-hp 3.8-liter V6, available active on-demand all-wheel drive2, and an inspiring view of the world. In short, the Telluride offers potential for exploration and adventure every time it’s on the road.
Designed in America for America
Telluride is the first Kia designed specifically for the U.S. and is a product of the Kia Design Center in Irvine, CA. From the first pencil stroke it was meant to convey the kind of presence associated with the original legendary SUVs – big, bold and boxy – and the go-anywhere, do-anything attitude their square, burly-shouldered shapes suggested. The Telluride’s sophisticated exterior accents also hint at its interior luxury. Main design cues include:
- Long, broad hood and wide grille
- Bold, stacked headlamps convey power and stability
- Upright windshield and clean side profile conveys muscular tension
- Inverted “L” tail lamps with LED stripes (standard on EX and SX trims)
- Elongated nameplates on the leading edge of the hood and on the liftgate provide distinctive identity for flagship SUV
- Sculpted rear skid plate with integrated twin exhaust tips reference off-road ability and power (standard on S, EX and SX trims)
The Telluride interior is designed to continue the impression of upscale exploration:
- Grab handles integrated into the center console suggest journeys off the beaten path
- Wide console with emphasis on the horizontal through artistic use of premium trim features to convey spaciousness – more “luxe living room” than “utility vehicle”
- Spacious cabin for generous hip, shoulder, leg and head room, including in the third row
Engineered to be Confident and Capable
Telluride is engineered to be capable in a variety of driving conditions and provide a driving experience that is enjoyable and confidence-inspiring. Among the many factors that contribute to the Telluride’s composed ride and performance:
- Atkinson Cycle LAMBDA II 3.8L V6 GDI engine producing 291 horsepower at 6,000 rpm and 262 lb.-ft. of torque at 5,200 rpm
- 8-speed automatic transmission
- Four-wheel independent suspension
- Strong, stiff, and torsionally rigid body structure due to the monocoque shell that is composed of 59.4 percent advanced high-strength steel
- Self-leveling rear suspension. Ride height is automatically calibrated depending on vehicle load to optimize control and stability (optional on EX and SX)
- Choice of four drive modes – Smart, Eco, Sport and Comfort – each using different settings for powertrain, drivetrain, and steering effort mapping to provide the desired driving experience. In addition to the four regular drive modes, drivers can select from two different settings, Snow and AWD Lock, for specific driving conditions.
- Available active on-demand all-wheel drive2 helps provide enhanced driving performance by actively distributing torque between front and rear wheels depending on road conditions and driver input. The system utilizes electro-hydraulic AWD coupling to precisely activate the multi-plate clutch plate, constantly redistributing the amount of power transferred to the front and rear wheels. During normal driving, power is distributed according to the drive mode selected. “Eco” and “Smart” modes deliver 100 percent power to the front wheels. “Comfort” and “Snow” modes deliver 80 percent power to the front wheels and 20 percent to rear. Sport mode splits the power 65-35 percent between front and back. “Lock” mode delivers power evenly to all four wheels
- Standard towing rated up to 5,000 pounds3
- Downhill Brake Control (DBC)4 maintains a controlled descent on steep roads
TELLURIDE TECH – BELLS AND WHISTLES GALORE
|As Kia’s flagship SUV, the Telluride can be outfitted with an array of advanced technology and driver-assistance systems. The following is a list of the available features that are firsts for any Kia SUV. These are in addition to the long list of tech and ADAS features listed under the “Brimming with Technology” section of this release below. Please see that section for complete descriptions.
Born for Adventure in Luxury
Planning the Telluride interior, Kia designers set out to create an upscale cabin with an abundance of premium materials, attention to detail, and an array of convenient features including:
- Available double-stitched, quilted and extra-padded Nappa leather trim upholstery
- Simulated brushed metal and matte-finished wood
- Interior hooks to keep packs and bags off floor and away from feet
- Available heated and ventilated first- and second-row seats
- Ceiling-mounted second-row climate control
- HVAC diffusing ceiling vents provide wider spread of airflow for increased comfort
- Reclining third-row seats5
- Leather-wrapped, tilt and telescoping steering wheel
- Available heated steering wheel
Brimming with Technology — Advanced Connectivity, Safety Features, and Driver Assistance Systems
Telluride is packed with high-tech, advanced automotive technology, including the “Kia Drive Wise” suite of Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems, and a long list of standard and optional equipment, highlights of which are listed below:
- Available 10.25-inch color touchscreen6 with rear view monitor7 and parking guidance
- Available 630-watt, 10-speaker Harman/Kardon audio system (AM/FM/SiriusXM8) with Quantum Logic9 Surround Sound and Clari-Fi10
- Apple CarPlay11 and Android Auto12
- Available wireless smartphone charging13
- Available six total USB charging ports – two in each row. Five ports is standard
- Available multi-Bluetooth wireless connectivity14 allows two phones to connect simultaneously
- 7 airbags15 (dual front advanced air bags, dual front seat-mounted side air bags, side curtain air bags with rollover sensor, driver’s side knee air bag)
- Vehicle Safety Systems16
- Antilock braking
- Vehicle stability management
- Downhill brake control
- Electronic stability control
- Hill-start assist control
- Tire pressure monitoring system
- “Kia Drive Wise” Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems (ADAS)17
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist with pedestrian detection (FCA)
- High Beam Assist (HBA) (available)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Lane Keeping Assist (LKA)
- Blind Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist-Rear (BCA-R)
- Blind Spot View Monitor (BVM) (available)
- Driver Attention Warning (DAW)18
- Smart Cruise Control with Stop & Go
- Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist (RCCA)
- Parking Distance Warning – Forward (available) and Reverse
- Surround View Monitor (SVM)19 (available)
- Highway Driving Assist (HDA)20: Uses radar systems to interpret lane markings so the vehicle can control steering, acceleration and braking to automatically adjust distance from the vehicle detected ahead. HDA is also designed to recognize speed limits on federal highways and adjust speed accordingly (available)
- Blind Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist Rear (BCA-R): A camera is designed to track vehicle lane changes and, if it detects an object in the intended path, the BCA-R system applies brake pressure to the front wheel of the opposite side to help maintain the previous course
- Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Avoidance Assist (RCCA): An extension of Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Warning (RCCW), RCCA may apply brakes if an impending impact is detected
- Lane Following Assist (LFA): When Smart Cruise Control with Stop & Go is activated, LFA is designed to monitor lane markings to help keep the Telluride centered in its lane
- Safe Exit Assist (SEA)21: In certain situations, if the system detects an object approaching from the rear, SEA will override attempts to deactivate Electronic Child Safety Lock until the detected object has passed
- Head-Up Display22: Added information makes this system especially useful. Provides turn-by-turn navigation, speed and local speed limits, smart cruise control and blind-spot warnings (available)
- Driver Talk: Uses a microphone to enhance communication with second- and third-row passengers (available)
- Quiet Mode: Cuts audio output in second and third row so the audio choices of the front occupants are only heard in that row (available)
- Rear Occupant Alert23: Uses ultrasonic sensors designed to detect child or pet movement in the second and third row after the car’s doors have been locked and then can issue audible alerts to the driver
- Telluride is equipped with the UVO24 telematics system featuring an embedded modem that allows Telluride drivers to monitor and control a number of vehicle operations, including:
- Remote start and door lock (standard)
- Pre-condition the vehicle cabin temperature prior to use (only on EX and SX trims)25
- “Send-to-Car” points of interest (POI) and waypoints: If the vehicle is equipped with navigation, owners will be able to plan a road trip remotely and send it to the navigation system
- Rear Occupant Alert26: Uses sensors designed to detect a passenger in the rear cabin. If a rear passenger is detected and the driver leaves the vehicle, the vehicle will follow a series of steps to notify the driver, initially through a vehicle cluster message, and then through vehicle alarm initiation and subsequent SMS/Push message to the owner’s smart phone if they are enrolled through the UVO app
Assembled in America
Telluride will be assembled at Kia’s manufacturing facility in West Point, Georgia (KMMG) alongside certain trims of the Sorento and Optima. When it goes on sale this year (pricing will be announced near the on-sale date), Telluride will be available in four trims, LX, EX, S and SX with a choice of front-wheel or optional all-wheel drive.
About Kia Motors America
Headquartered in Irvine, California, Kia Motors America continues to top quality surveys and is recognized as one of the 100 Best Global Brands and 50 Best Global Green Brands by Interbrand. Kia serves as the “Official Automotive Partner” of the NBA and LPGA and offers a complete range of vehicles sold through a network of nearly 800 dealers in the U.S., including cars and SUVs proudly built in West Point, Georgia.*
For media information, including photography, visit www.kiamedia.com. To receive custom email notifications for press releases the moment they are published, subscribe at www.kiamedia.com/us/en/newsalert.
* The Sorento and Optima GDI (S, EX, SX and certain LX Trims only) are assembled in the United States from U.S. and globally sourced parts.
1 The 2020 Telluride will be assembled in the United States from U.S. and globally sourced parts and is expected spring 2019 with limited availability.
2 No system, no matter how advanced, can compensate for all driver error and/or driving conditions. Always drive safely.
3 Towing requires additional equipment. See Owner’s Manual for towing capacity, additional instructions and warnings. Always use caution while towing.
4 No system, no matter how advanced, can compensate for all driver error and/or driving conditions. Always drive safely.
5 Reclining seats can reduce the effectiveness of the safety restraint system and may lead to additional injury in an accident.
6 Distracted driving can result in a loss of vehicle control. When operating a vehicle, never use a vehicle system that takes your focus away from safe vehicle operation.
7 Rear View Monitor is not a substitute for safe driving, and may not display all objects behind the vehicle. Always drive safely and use caution.
8 SiriusXM audio and data services each require a subscription sold separately, or as a package, by Sirius XM Radio Inc., after 3-month trial included with vehicle purchase. If you decide to continue service after your trial, the subscription plan you choose will automatically renew thereafter and you will be charged according to your chosen payment method at then-current rates. Fees and taxes apply. Please see the SiriusXM Customer Agreement at www.siriusxm.com for complete terms and how to cancel, which includes calling SiriusXM at 1-866-635-2349. All fees and programming are subject to change. Traffic information not available in all markets. SiriusXM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc.
9 QuantumLogic is a registered trademark of Harman International Industries, Inc.
10 Clari-Fi is a registered trademark of Harman International Industries, Inc.
11 Apple CarPlay™ is a trademark of Apple Inc. Requires a compatible Apple device sold separately. Apple CarPlay™ runs on your smartphone cellular data service. Data plan rates apply.
12 Vehicle user interface is a product of Google and its terms and privacy statements apply. Requires the Android Auto app on Google Play and an Android compatible smartphone running Android™ 5.0 Lollipop or higher. Data plan rates apply. Android Auto is a trademark of Google LLC.
13 Charging system only works with select devices. Refer to the vehicle’s Owner’s Manual for warnings and instructions.
14 The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG Inc., and any use of such marks by Kia is pursuant to license. A Bluetooth® enabled device is required to use Bluetooth® wireless technology.
15 For maximum protection, always wear your seat belt.
16 No system, no matter how advanced, can compensate for all driver error and/or driving conditions. Always drive safely.
17 These features are not substitutes for safe driving, and may not detect all objects surrounding vehicle. Always drive safely and use caution.
18 Driver Attention Warning is not a substitute for safe driving and may not detect all instances of driver fatigue or inattentive driving practices. Failure to pay attention to travel conditions and vehicle operation could result in loss of vehicle control. Always drive safely and use caution.
19 Surround View Monitor is not a substitute for safe driving, and may not display all objects around vehicle. Always drive safely and use caution.
20 Highway Driving Assist is not a substitute for safe driving, may not detect all objects around the vehicle, and only functions on certain federal highways. Always drive safely and use caution.
21 Safe Exit Assist is not a substitute for one’s attention and may not detect all objects surrounding the vehicle. Always pay attention to traffic and to the area around your vehicle when exiting the vehicle.
22 Failure to pay attention to travel conditions and vehicle operation could result in loss of vehicle control. Always drive safely and use caution.
23 Rear Occupant Alert is not a substitute for one’s attention and may not detect all movement within the vehicle. Always check the vehicle interior when exiting the vehicle.
25 Remote features require a UVO subscription, a compatible smartphone, and a wireless signal with good coverage to function. Normal cellular service rates may apply. Do not use remote climate control or remote start if vehicle is in an enclosed area (e.g., closed garage) or a partially enclosed area without ventilation. Close all doors leading from adjacent living areas to the vehicle area before executing a remote climate control or remote start command.
26 Rear Occupant Alert notifications require a UVO subscription, a compatible smartphone, and a wireless signal with good coverage to function. Normal cellular service rates may apply. This system is not a substitute for one’s attention and may not detect all movement within the vehicle. Always check the vehicle interior when exiting the vehicle.
GAC Motor Unveils a New Model and Hosts International Distributor Conference During Auto Shanghai 2019
GAC Motor, China’s leading automaker, is debuting its all-new GA6, a sedan that features upgraded design, comfort, smart technology, driving control, and safety at the 18th Shanghai International Automobile Industry Exhibition (Auto Shanghai 2019), during which GAC Motor is also hosting its International Distributor Conference.
“GAC Motor has been implementing the ‘quality first’ strategy and steadily improving product quality, while continuously promoting the strength of our brand. This year, we will introduce all-new GA6, GS4 and GS8, striving to create enjoyable life of mobility for our consumers,” noted Yu Jun, President of GAC Motor.
The all-new GA6 will be officially launched in June this year. The design of concise and clean lines, larger grille and full-width taillights gives the vehicle a sporty look. Capable of L2 Autonomous Driving, equipped with AI co-pilot operated by voice commands, and with a customized Harman Hi-Fi system, the GA6 offers a smart, safe and pleasant driving experience.
In addition, the ENTRANZE concept car has made its first domestic appearance at the show. Developed by GAC’s advanced design center in the United States, equipped with the latest smart technologies, sustainable features and automated driving, the ENTRANZE is a new type of cross-over of SUV and MPV, exploring more possibilities for a modern family vehicle.
With the showcase of its all-star vehicle lineup, GAC Motor attracted the attention of domestic and overseas media, dealers, suppliers and visitors. They have been deeply impressed by the excellent quality and design of GAC Motor’s models.
During Auto Shanghai 2019, more than 40 of GAC Motor’s international distributors from 15 countries and regions attended its International Distributor Conference (the “Conference”) in Suzhou, Jiangsu Province.
Themed “Stronger Together, Greater Future,” the conference focused on reviewing the brand’s successes of international development in 2018, and released the overseas strategies and planning for 2019.
In 2018, GAC Motor’s sales and services covered 16 countries and regions around the world and has achieved 69% growth in overseas sales. It has entered new markets such as Saudi Arabia and Ecuador, and launched new sales and service centers in countries including the Philippines, Bolivia, becoming one of the most popular auto brands in various markets, as well as the best-selling Chinese auto brand in Kuwait, Bahrain and Nigeria. It has also been ranked in the top 50 list of the 2018 Best China Brands ranked by leading brand consultancy Inter-brand.
In 2019, GAC Motor will further explore markets along the Belt and Road and other important regions, and complete its overseas platform. Following the establishment of GAC Motor North America Company and Russian sub-company, GAC Motor International Sales Company, the coordinating institution of the company’s overseas business, has started operation. The automaker will continue to improve its international operations to increase its international competitiveness.
Moreover, GAC Motor will continuously increase its investment in R&D in 2019 to maintain its edge in product offerings. Using in-depth analysis of market demand, it will put more effort into global branding, introduce adapted models in different markets, launch more sales and service centers, upgrade current stores, optimize its product market pricing strategy, and take more actions to increase oversea sales.
GAC Motor also presented awards to the best distributors, including Best Marketing Performance, Best Service Performance, Best Sales Performance, and Best Distributor, in recognition of their outstanding contributions to the overseas business in the past year.
At the conference, many of the dealers said that it helped them further understand GAC Motor’s product quality, R&D and manufacturing capability and strategic goals, and they are fully confident of the future development of GAC Motor in the international market.
“We will continue to invest in supporting our distributers and partners and establish a win-win cooperation model together,” said Yu.
SOURCE GAC Motor
SPECIAL EDITION STINGER GTS – ENTHUSIASTS REJOICE
Since its debut nearly two years ago, the Kia Stinger has quickly become a crowd favorite, and at the New York International Auto Show, Kia Motors America gave driving purists yet another compelling reason to check out Kia’s highest performing sport sedan. Limited to just 800 units, the special edition Stinger GTS1 punches up its on-road prowess with a newly developed dynamic all-wheel drive system2 (D-AWD) that inspires more spirited driving. With sport-inspired styling elements including genuine carbon fiber parts and a splashy new color that demands even more attention, the limited edition GTS is the one automotive enthusiasts will be lining up to drive.
Closing the Gap
During its short time on the market, the Stinger has established itself as a true competitor in the sport sedan segment with performance figures strong enough to embarrass its German rivals. Along the way, it has also redefined the Kia brand and consumer perception. But with all the praise and accolades the Stinger has received, Albert Biermann, head of research and development, strived for more. The result is a new version of the Stinger’s all-wheel-drive system peppered with rear-wheel drive DNA. Dubbed D-AWD, the system has been tweaked to close the gap in behavior between the AWD-equipped and RWD-equipped Stinger GT.
- Mechanical limited slip rear differential is added to the D-AWD system, which is designed to enhance traction and distribute power more evenly between the rear wheels when slip is detected
- Drive Mode Select amplifies rear-biased dynamics
- Comfort mode sends 60 percent of power to the rear for feeling of stability
- Sport mode sends 80 percent of power to the rear for more spirited driving
- Drift mode sends up to 100 percent of power to the rear wheels and holds gears without upshifting
- New Control Logic
- Slip Control and Counter Steer Detection
- Transmission Shift Pattern
- Stability Control
Available in either D-AWD or RWD, the Stinger GTS maintains the Stinger GT’s potent powertrain underneath the hood.
- 3.3-liter V6 twin turbo
- 365 horsepower
- 376 lb-ft of torque
- 8-speed automatic transmission
The Hot Spot in the Stinger Lineup
Aside from what lies beneath, the GTS shows it’s not your average Stinger thanks to a number of exterior and interior enhancements tailored to make it look ready for time on the track or carving hairpin turns.
Exterior enhancements include:
- Exclusive “Federation” premium orange paint color
- Genuine carbon fiber parts that outline the signature tiger nose grille, side mirror caps and side vents
- GTS rear emblem
- Center Stinger emblem replaces the Kia logo on the trunk lid for more custom appearance
Inside, the Stinger GTS adds more premium materials befitting of a true driver’s car.
- Steering wheel and center console swathed in Alcantara®3
- Headliner blanketed in premium suede-like Chamude®4
Handsomely and Affordably Equipped
Value continues to be pillar for the Stinger GTS, with lots of tech, creature comforts and driver assistance systems5. As part of the GTS treatment, the limited edition fastback includes:
- 720-watt Harman/Kardon6 premium audio system with QuantumLogic7 and Clari-Fi8 signal enhancing technology
- Wireless charger for compatible smartphones
Keeping it competitive, the Stinger GTS hits the sweet spot in terms of pricing. With a start of production planned for this spring, the limited edition GTS is expected to have an MSRP9 starting around $44,000 for RWD and around $46,500 for D-AWD.
Kia HabaNiro Concept Heats Up Manhattan
Today Kia Motors America (KMA) unveiled its vision of the future of electric vehicles and it’s hot. And spicy. The HabaNiro concept is a fully-electric, all-wheel drive, four-seat wonder car with an All Electric Range (AER) of more than 300 miles, level-five autonomous mode, butterfly wing doors and more advanced tech than what helped land men on the moon. But this is no fanciful supercar that will likely never be built, but a prescient look into the future of mobility where automobiles will seamlessly integrate design, capability, usefulness and creativity.
Experience the interactive Multichannel News Release here: https://www.multivu.com/players/English/8468854-kia-habaniro-electric-concept/
“We wanted this concept to be comfortable navigating city streets, carving turns on a coastal road and off-roading with confidence to remote wilderness adventures,” said Tom Kearns, vice president of design for Kia Design Center America (KDCA). “We imagined a car for everyone and nearly everything. Then, when we saw the finished product, we were blown away by the imagination of the HabaNiro’s creators and its laboratory of technology and we want it in our driveways. Today.” With its rugged 20-inch wheels, short overhangs and big haunches, the HabaNiro exudes coiled muscularity and capability, whether you’re on a grocery run, en route to a meeting or in search of a remote fishing hole.
“We couldn’t be more proud of our design center,” says Michael Cole, KMA chief operating officer and executive vice president. “The HabaNiro is a genius work of skill and imagination. Not only does its beautiful design incorporate the needs of future mobility, but its engineering and technology anticipate the way people will want to move in the near future.”
A Whole New Category of Vehicle
The HabaNiro is a compact crossover utility vehicle only in terms of existing industry category language. But the HabaNiro can’t be so easily defined. It’s essentially an all-electric Everything Car or ECEV – commuter, crossover, sport utility, state-of-the-art technology workroom and adventure vehicle.
An Exterior to Move You
The HabaNiro design is defined by the energetic interplay between the protective metallic grey cladding that encompasses the front wheels and extends onto the body sides and the bright “Lava Red” aero panel that defines the C-pillar and extends up and over the roof. These two elements create a vibrant energy and a forward-leaning posture that suggests the HabaNiro is ready to launch. This latent forward energy is reinforced by the single elegant character line that wraps around the front end, extends through the shoulder, and ends dynamically pointed at the rear wheels.
The HabaNiro grille resembles a shark’s snout, complete with a slit-like gap full of gloss black aluminum “teeth” similar to the cooling blades found on high-end electronic equipment. The EV chassis architecture allowed the wheels to be pushed to the corners, giving the HabaNiro its wide and confident stance.
Satin aluminum skid plates, milled billet aluminum tow hooks, anodized Lava Red aluminum accents, and the embossed HabaNiro name complement the upscale look while suggesting the vehicle’s adventure-ready attitude. Perhaps most importantly, the heartbeat pulse of the daytime running lights announces the HabaNiro’s animated energy – “I’m alive.”
An Interior to Transport You and an Array of High-Tech Features
The scissor-like opening of the HabaNiro’s four butterfly-wing doors hints at its future-forward interior design. The Lava Red interior suggests passion and vibrancy. Modern and airy, the interior is accented by the bouclé fabric-trimmed front seats that appear to float within the spacious cabin. Contributing to the interior’s clean and modern appearance is the absence of rectangular screens and traditional control knobs and buttons. Instead, the HabaNiro features a full-width front windshield Heads-Up Display (HUD) system controlled by a concave acrylic instrument panel that is a large interactive touchpad display with Sensory Light Feedback (SLF). Technical Option Sharing System (TOSS) allows users to swipe and move vehicle options across the HUD screen as though moving chess pieces.
HabaNiro’s occupants are kept comfortable by a slim Perimeter Ventilation System (PVS) that quietly and evenly blows a curtain of air throughout the cabin. A soft ambient glow shines through the bold geometrically-patterned floor, creating movement that reflects onto surfaces within the cabin. The Lighting Color Effect (LCE) can be dimmed or brightened, and the hue can be modified to impact the mood of the interior environment.
When HabaNiro’s part-time level-five autonomous driving system is engaged the steering wheel and instrument panel retract forward to provide more room for the front occupants. Media or other entertainment, such as a movie for a long highway haul, can be displayed on the full-width HUD video system.
HabaNiro features Kia’s new Real-time Emotion Adaptive Driving (R.E.A.D.) System introduced earlier this year at the Consumer Electronics Show. R.E.A.D. can optimize and personalize a vehicle cabin space by analyzing a driver’s emotional state in real-time through artificial intelligence-based bio-signal recognition technology. The technology monitors the driver’s emotional state and tailors the interior environment according to its assessment – potentially altering conditions relating to the human senses within the cabin and in turn creating a more pleasurable and safer driving experience.
R.E.A.D. also enables the HabaNiro’s Eye Tracking System (ETS) with 180° rearview video display. The system uses AI-based emotional intelligence to monitor when the driver looks up to the top of the windshield where conventional rear view mirrors are traditionally located. The AI immediately senses the driver’s need to see behind the vehicle and instantly activates the 180° rearview video display.
There are no immediate plans to utilize AI to sense when the driver is hungry and then direct to the nearest drive-through where an order will be waiting, but the technology may someday evolve to make just such a task possible. AI and automation shouldn’t take the joy out of driving, as some auto lovers fear, but should enhance it – anticipating needs so we can concentrate on the driving experience.
Into the Future
Some will assume the HabaNiro concept will never be built, but we don’t advise betting the farm on it. In the past 18 months, Kia has launched two vehicles, the Stinger and the Telluride, from concepts that fully captured the public’s imagination. The HabaNiro’s butterfly doors? Maybe not today, but the future is an exciting place and Kia is ready to lead the automotive industry into this spicy world of possibility.
- Length: 4430 mm/ 171 inches
- Height: 1600 mm/ 63 inches
- Width: 1955 mm/ 77 inches
- Wheelbase: 2830 mm/ 111.5 inches
- Powertrain and battery
- e-AWD supplied by two electric motors, fore and aft
- 300+ mile All Electric Range (AER)
- Advanced state of the art battery technology
- Exterior Features
- Snowdrift Pearl White tri-coat exterior paint
- Satin Metallic Granite Grey cladding
- Anodized “Lava Red” aero panel
- 265/50R20 tires
- Interior Features
- Heads-Up Display Features:
- Navigation system with augmented reality graphic directions
- 180° rearview video display in place of physical mirrors
- Full windshield entertainment video system with surround sound
- 3D speed readout display
- Full width acrylic touch panel with Sensory Light Feedback (SLF) with Technical Option Sharing System (TOSS) feature provides interaction with HUD
- AI-based R.E.A.D. technology
- Eye Tracking System (ETS) enables 180° rearview video display
- Heads-Up Display Features:
SOURCE Kia Motors America
Subscribe to PICANTE via Email
Follow us on Facebook
Launch of First Virtual Reality Program Intended to Mitigate Workplace Unconscious Bias
Technology Association of Georgia Names Brightwell 2019 FinTech ADVANCE Award Winner
Banks Learn How to Tap Sustainable Profit From The Gold Rush In Transaction Banking
Alt Thirty Six Secures $10 Million In Series A Funding For Cannabis Payment Solution Platform
Ideanomics Announces Q1 2019 Earnings Call
PrimeXBT Launches Forex, Indices, and Commodities
Alliance School of Business Hosted the International Conference in Management Studies
CWCBExpo Announces Cannabis Week in New York – May 28-June 2
Bluegrass Farmaceuticals signs entertainment icon Nelly as strategic partner: Changing the way the world consumes botanical therapeutics
CBD Infused Edible Market Projected to Be $4.1 Billion in 2019
We Are Announcing Big Plans, Launch of Company Profiles, Own Content Distribution Network, Bespoke PR Distribution Services and Dedicated Tech Conference in Europe
Curcushine™ Enhances Beauty from Within Market
Copyright reform clears final hurdle: Commission welcomes approval of modernised rules fit for digital age
Datamatics Wins IMC Digital Technology Award 2018 for TruBot and TruAI in Emerging Technology Large Category
CannaCraft Receives Child-Resistant Certification, Eliminating Millions of Single-Use Plastic Tubes
Dolcas-Tenshi Bioceuticals Targets Sexual Health with All-natural Fortiquin™ Botanical Formula
The North Face Launches a Global Effort to Make Earth Day a National Holiday
Bluware’s Leading-Edge Seismic Data Platform boosts Anadarko’s Digital Transformation Strategy
Sono Motors to Produce Sion in Sweden
Forget Tacos On Tuesdays. Taco Bell® Wants Fans To reBELL And Enjoy Tacos Any Day
Follow our Tweets
Cannabis6 days ago
CannaCraft Receives Child-Resistant Certification, Eliminating Millions of Single-Use Plastic Tubes
Campaigns6 days ago
Forget Tacos On Tuesdays. Taco Bell® Wants Fans To reBELL And Enjoy Tacos Any Day
Artificial Intelligence5 days ago
Kountable CEO Talks with UNOPS Head of Global Innovation and Technology about Its Vital Role in Improving Supply Chain Access at BootstrapLabs AI Conference
Cannabis5 days ago
Aurora Cannabis launches search for Canada’s Top Budmaster ™
Cannabis2 days ago
How CBD Oil Can Help Relieve Pain and Anxiety
Beverages6 days ago
Station Cold Brew Coffee eyes expansion into CBD-infused beverages
Artificial Intelligence6 days ago
Payments’ NexTen at TRANSACT Identifies the Next Generation of Payments Innovators
Artificial Intelligence6 days ago
Big Data and AI Toronto Returns for its Fourth Year