Hot fitness concept will double open locations by early 2019
Red Effect Infrared Fitness, the first-to-market fitness franchise centered on the vast wellness benefits of infrared, announced today new franchise owners in numerous markets, and reinforced its position as a leader in the boutique franchise fitness space.
The company also announced it has accelerated development efforts, signing 188 new franchise agreements in its first 24 months to launch onto the national fitness scene. By early 2019, the leading infrared fitness franchise will double the number of studios open in Virginia, Michigan, California, South Carolina, Oklahoma, Florida and Ohio.
“Red Effect’s early success is driven by a truly exceptional concept with a strong business growth model. We are truly humbled by the passion of our new franchisees that have joined us in the consumer journey of bringing infrared fitness to market and giving our customers the best fitness value in the world,” said Allie T. Mallad, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Red Effect Infrared Fitness.
Mallad proudly announced the following franchisees as early-movers of the Red Effect Infrared Fitness brand:
- Hayden and Josh Epstein as Area Developers of Southern California including Los Angeles, Orange and San Diego Counties.
- Alex and Lourdes Fernandez as Area Developers of South Florida including Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach and Monroe Counties.
- Kyle and Emily Draper as franchisees in Tampa, Florida.
- Jim and Julie Bazner as franchisees in Allen Park and Woodhaven, Michigan and Toledo, Ohio.
- John and Lorraine Wangler as franchisees in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- Joel and Devon Kutz as franchisees in Rochester, Plymouth and Detroit Michigan.
- Bryan Wright as franchisee in Northern Virginia.
- Gary and Shauna Hopper as franchisees in Northern Virginia and Washington DC.
- Michael and Taylor Withrow and Jessica Golden as franchisees in South Carolina.
- Brant and Jana Harrold as franchisees in Oklahoma.
Conceptually, Red Effect Infrared Fitness offers an unparalleled fitness experience, fusing infrared heat with class-based high intensity interval training, infrared circuit training, infrared cycling, infrared kick boxing, infrared yoga and barre, and combinations of these concepts into one fitness studio. Red Effect is also built around utilizing heart-rate monitor technology with in-studio infrared heat that creates the ultimate workout.
Mallad is also Founder and CEO of two additional national franchise brands, Massage Green Spas and Stretch Smart Infrared Therapy Centers, and brings unmatched franchising experience and his strategic vision to Red Effect. Always creating sustainable synergies between brands, Mallad is also co-owner of a fourth national brand, NutriMost Wellness & Weight Loss.
For more information, visit https://www.redeffectfitness.com
CannTrust Receives Health Canada Approval for Phase 2 Expansion
CannTrust Holdings Inc. (“CannTrust” or the “Company”) (TSX: TRST) (NYSE: CTST) is pleased to announce that its cultivation and processing permit under Health Canada Cannabis Regulations was amended to include the final 20% of its Phase 2 expansion. The entire 450,000 sq. ft. of its perpetual harvest greenhouse in Pelham, Ontario, is now fully licensed.
“We have always been confident that our processes meet and exceed regulatory standards, and we now have further validation of this from our regulators,” said Peter Aceto, Chief Executive Officer. “With this approval, CannTrust is set to meet its plan to reach 50,000kg of annualized capacity at the perpetual harvest greenhouse and continue providing award-winning products in a cost-effective manner.”
CannTrust’s expected production ramp is as follows:
- The last 20% of the Phase 2 expansion is expected to be operating at full capacity by the end of Q2 2019.
- Pending Health Canada approval, the Company anticipates planting on its previously announced outdoor land acquisition of 81 acres in Q2 2019 and expects to realize a yield of approximately 1,000kg per acre in 2019. Total 2019 production from this harvest is expected to be approximately 75,000kg.
- With additional land under letter of intent anticipated to be secured in the near term, the Company’s outdoor cultivation operation is expected to total 100,000kg to 200,000kg of production in the second half of 2020. Production from outdoor cultivation will primarily be used for extraction purposes for products that we anticipate will be permitted based on proposed regulations for additional cannabis products, which include edibles and inhaled extract products.
- The Company’s Phase 3 expansion of its perpetual harvest greenhouse is expected to add a further 50,000kg of capacity beginning in the second half of 2020. Phase 3 includes productivity and automation enhancements over Phases 1 and 2. Production from the Phase 3 expansion is also subject to Health Canada approval.
- CannTrust’s combined cultivation operations are expected to reach a total annualized capacity of 200,000kg to 300,000kg in the second half of 2020.
SOURCE CannTrust Holdings Inc.
SpaceChain opens operation in the United Kingdom to explore opportunities in Europe’s commercial space ecosystem
Singapore-based SpaceChain has expanded its operations to the United Kingdom to leverage Europe’s advanced space technologies and to drive economic development through SpaceChain’s satellite infrastructure and blockchain technology.
SpaceChain UK Limited will be based in Harwell, Oxfordshire at the Satellite Applications Catapult (SAC), an independent innovation and technology company created by Innovate UK.
To kick off its new business venture, SpaceChain collaborated with SAC to host a workshop that explored the benefits of blockchain technologies and its applications for the commercial space industry. Attended by more than 60 professionals from all over the UK, the workshop introduced the potential of a community-based space platform.
“Last year, I travelled to the UK about six to seven times. During those visits, I met a lot of potential partners from various UK-based space companies and learned more about the ecosystem there. From tracking satellites to building new rockets, the UK has played a vital role in the development of the space industry and we see more opportunities on the horizon,” said Zee Zheng, Chief Executive Officer and co-founder of SpaceChain.
SpaceChain has already partnered with several UK-based companies, including: Open Cosmos, a microsatellite platform designed to manage the process of bringing satellite services to businesses; NanoAvionics, a nanosatellite mission integrator that delivers new generation satellite buses and propulsion systems; and Alba Orbital, a pioneer in the development of PocketQube satellites.
Heading the new UK office as Director is SpaceChain’s Chief Commercial Officer Nick Trudgen. A native of the UK, Trudgen speaks fluent Mandarin and specializes in UK-China trade and investment, with a focus on space, satellite, and telecommunications.
“We are very excited to explore the UK space ecosystem and bring the next generation of institutional grade blockchain services to existing and future satellite infrastructure. We have also received positive feedback from the entities we have met and we’re looking forward to working more closely with our partners in the UK,” said Trudgen.
One Network Galvanizes the Multi-Enterprise Ecosystem with ML & AI Enhancements to Latest Version of its Real Time Value Network
One Network Enterprises, a global provider of secure, multi-party business networks that enable autonomous supply chain management, today announced the availability of the latest version of its Real Time Value Network™ (RTVN). Version 22 continues to enhance the customer-driven, agile, and responsive business network that enables companies to onboard once and be connected to a rich ecosystem of trading partners so they can effectively manage, optimize and automate multi-party processes.
Underpinning the new functionality in 22.0 is NEO, the Company’s proprietary machine learning (ML) and intelligent agent technology that makes and executes decisions and supports autonomous supply chain management. NEO identifies patterns, trends, and anomalies and extracts insights to inform execution decisions and make recommendations. NEO monitors millions of outcomes of decisions across the network and uses ML to continually improve decision-making abilities and results. It also enhances the current Control Tower services and includes key performance enhancements that is designed to support high volume, high transactional networks such as Telematics/GPS and IoT applications.
“Using real-time, critical supply chain data, One Network’s platform continues to help companies improve their operational efficiencies by providing valuable insight and network-informed recommendations that drive positive business results,” said Greg Brady, CEO of One Network Enterprises. “The combination of the consumer-driven multi-party network, our autonomous supply chain technology and customizable network agents, plus our depth of supply chain expertise, helps customers gain greater business value and a stronger competitive advantage in a matter of months not years.”
Additional platform enhancements include:
- NEO is enhanced with new simulation skills and a new stream processing framework to support high volume Internet of Things (IoT) data streams.
- Dispute Management enables the creation, and management of disputes for any and all parts of a shipment.
- Blockchain Support improved functionality orchestrates permissions across, and writes transactions to, multiple blockchain networks. Blockchain-enabled transaction throughput has been boosted to in excess of 100 transactions per second and now supports Hyperledger Fabric (in addition to existing support for Ethereum).
- High-Fidelity, What-If Scenarios available to customers through NEO’s micro-simulation skill. This enables end-users to perform complex network-altering, what-if scenarios to study the effect of the proposed change even before they are implemented.
- Stream Processing Framework handles high-volume data sources and events such as those from GPS and IoT sensors.
- Time Bounded Role Assignment allows organizations to grant temporary permissions and assign roles to users for delimited time periods.
The new version significantly enhances the Supply Chain core as well as other industry cores. These industry cores provide rich and nuanced functionality for specific industries, including Aerospace and Defense, Automotive and Manufacturing, Consumer Goods, High Tech, Humanitarian and Pharmaceuticals. They do this by providing industry-specific data models, terminology, functionality and workflows.
Supply Chain Core Enhancements
NEO enhancement also improves the central Supply Chain core bringing improved performance to autonomous skills including, forecasting, replenishment, supply allocation, inventory planning, and multi-tier material planning. Other supply chain core enhancements include:
Item Catalog /GS1 with enhanced admin and standard user functionality, allows Admin users to manage schema definitions and associate schemas with product hierarchies; allows Standard users view and update attribute values on new the Item Attributes tab.
Streamlined Partner Onboarding with self-service onboarding that simplifies the onboarding process. Now customers can quickly search for, and establish partnerships with, organizations already in ONE. They can also easily invite organizations to join ONE if they have not already joined. Customers have complete visibility to invitations and their statuses.
Task Orders are a set of instructions with optionally associated transactions which can be assigned to specific users.
Rule-Driven Document Holds that trigger document holds when users do not upload required Documents within a preconfigured time.
Many other functions have been added, improved and redesigned, including Logistics, Sales & Operations Planning, Order Management, Warehouse Management, Optimized Execution, and Manufacturing.
SOURCE One Network
Subscribe to PICANTE via Email
Follow us on Facebook
Yara and IBM join forces to transform the future of farming
National Cannabis Month Shines Light on CBD-Infused Hard Candies Like Candy Head’s Products
Kendall Jenner Celebrates Launch of the New Elevated Oral Care Collection MOON
2nd Annual Sarasota Veg Fest
Software AG Launches New Digital Transformation Center in Mumbai
Pegasystems Appoints Christopher Lafond to its Board of Directors
R/GA Ventures partners with leading Oregon organizations to create Venture Studio focused on Enterprise Blockchain solutions
Brazilian Credit Marketplace FinanZero raises USD 11 Million in Series B Round
Consumers Growing Demand for Improved Cryptocurrency Payment Platforms on the Rise
HUAWEI CLOUD AI and Huawei Cellphones Help RFCx to Guard the Rainforest
We Are Announcing Big Plans, Launch of Company Profiles, Own Content Distribution Network, Bespoke PR Distribution Services and Dedicated Tech Conference in Europe
CannaCraft Receives Child-Resistant Certification, Eliminating Millions of Single-Use Plastic Tubes
Dolcas-Tenshi Bioceuticals Targets Sexual Health with All-natural Fortiquin™ Botanical Formula
Forget Tacos On Tuesdays. Taco Bell® Wants Fans To reBELL And Enjoy Tacos Any Day
Sono Motors to Produce Sion in Sweden
Aurora Cannabis launches search for Canada’s Top Budmaster ™
Kountable CEO Talks with UNOPS Head of Global Innovation and Technology about Its Vital Role in Improving Supply Chain Access at BootstrapLabs AI Conference
Calvin Ayre and Bitcoin SV Groups Back Institutional Exchange, DRIVE Markets
Station Cold Brew Coffee eyes expansion into CBD-infused beverages
How CBD Oil Can Help Relieve Pain and Anxiety
Follow our Tweets
Blockchain3 days ago
Calvin Ayre and Bitcoin SV Groups Back Institutional Exchange, DRIVE Markets
Cannabis4 days ago
How CBD Oil Can Help Relieve Pain and Anxiety
Latest News3 days ago
Enlightened Ice Cream Launches Dairy-Free, Low-Calorie Bars
Airlines/Aviation 3 days ago
Unbabel supports easyJet to create international customer service ‘super agents’
Beauty and Lifestyle3 days ago
4 Ways to Kickstart Your Beauty Career
Education2 days ago
Alliance School of Business Hosted the International Conference in Management Studies
Cannabis3 days ago
FIGR, Inc. Commits to Eco-friendly Changes to Product Packaging
Artificial Intelligence2 days ago
Ideanomics Announces Q1 2019 Earnings Call