A Smartwatch for Everyone on the List: Fossil Group Offers More than 250 Smartwatch Styles for Holiday 2018
Fossil Group’s (NASDAQ: FOSL) latest smartwatch portfolio will offer more than 250 smartwatch styles from major fashion brands this holiday season. With Wear OS by GoogleTM-powered touchscreen smartwatches launching throughout the fall and holiday season, Fossil Group offers the most distinct, functional, and fashionable smartwatches for the style-conscious consumer who desires connectivity, yet resists conformity.
This week at IFA – The Global Innovation Show – Fossil Group demonstrated new touchscreen smartwatches from major fashion brands including Diesel, Emporio Armani, Fossil, Michael Kors, Skagen, and more. With wearables from 14 brands, the company’s hybrid and touchscreen smartwatches meet the personal style of consumers with a variety of dials, cases, colors, metals, straps, branding and features. The company’s fall and holiday collections comprise the largest and most diverse array of wearables in the industry.
Fossil Group’s latest generation of touchscreen smartwatches are equipped with new tech features, including the following:
- Heart Rate Tracking: automatically track your heart rate across multiple types of workouts using Google Fit or third-party apps
*Tic Health available in China.
- Payment Technology: make purchases via your NFC-enabled smartwatch using Google Pay
*Alipay available in China. Google Pay available in select countries.
- Untethered GPS: leave your phone at home when going for a walk, hike, ride, or run with built-in GPS that records the distance right on your smartwatch
- Fast Charging: charge for one hour and your watch is powered up for a whole day
- Assist on the Wrist: get help from your Google Assistant right from your smartwatch
- *Mobvoi Assistant available in China; Google Assistant available in select languages.
- Swimproof: Water resistant up to 30M; shower and swim in shallow water using third party apps to track pool workouts
*Mobvoi Store available in China; Google Play Store available in select countries.
“With Fossil Group’s most recent technology enhancements powered with Wear OS by Google, we have delivered the tech parity our customers greatly desired,” said Steve Evans, executive vice president, Fossil Group. “What remains unparalleled in the industry is Fossil Group’s ability to deliver diversity in design, brand and price, which are critical components to owning the wrist in the smartwatch space.”
All Fossil Group smartwatches adopt Wear OS by Google, which recently announced a major redesign that will provide quicker access to information and notifications, more proactive help from the Google Assistant and smarter health coaching through the new and improved Google Fit.
“With our continued investment in technical and user-focused innovation, and Fossil Group’s uncompromising dedication to beauty and quality, this ongoing collaboration fuses wearable technology and watch fashion to create a truly remarkable collection of smartwatches,” said Dennis Troper, Director of Project Management for Wear OS by Google.
For more information, visit www.fossilgroup.com.
Smartwatches built with Wear OS* by Google are compatible with iPhone® and Android™ phones. Wear OS by Google and other related marks are trademarks of Google LLC. Touchscreen smartwatches built with Wear OS by Google require a phone running Android OS 4.4+ (excluding Go edition) or iOS 9.3+. Supported features may vary between platforms.
*Wear OS by Google LE in China