– LifeProof athletes Jarryd McNeil, Tom Schaar, Luc Ackermann to compete –
SAN DIEGO, July 16, 2018 — Athletes and fans alike descend on Minnesota July 19 to 22for an action-packed weekend that will leave the action sports world buzzing. LifeProof is returning as an official sponsor of X Games Minneapolis with athletes Tom Schaar, Jarryd McNeil and Luc Ackermann competing in five disciplines throughout the weekend.
LifeProof is title sponsor of the Moto X Step Up finals, where McNeil will defend his back-to-back gold medals. LifeProof athletes bring an impressive collection of X Games hardware to this year’s competition slate:
- Schaar will compete in Men’s Skateboard Big Air and Men’s Skateboard Park. He owns seven X Games skateboarding medals, including a gold medal from 2014, in which he became the youngest Big Air skateboard winner.
- McNeil will compete in Moto X Best Whip, LifeProof Moto X Step Up and Moto X QuarterPipe High Air. He will be defending his gold medal in LifeProof Moto X Step Up and has collected nine career X Games medals.
- Gary Young will attend as an alternate for Men’s BMX Park. Young’s storied BMX career has produced four X Games medals.
- Luc Ackermann will compete in his first X Games in Moto X Freestyle. Hailing from Alemania, Germany, he was the youngest rider ever to execute a double backflip on a motorbike and is considered one of the best FMX talents in Europe.
LifeProof keeps gear protected, connected and organized with its waterproof, dirt proof, drop proof and snow proof cases, AQUAPHONICS Bluetooth speakers, backpacks and portable charging solutions. LifeProof products are designed to handle the rigors of an active, on-the-go lifestyle and keep the playlist rocking from bike to board.
LifeProof will be onsite at X Fest outside U.S. Bank Stadium, complete with a unique and interactive photobooth and athlete meet-and-greets. For behind-the-scenes access and updates throughout the event, fans can follow LifeProof social media channels.
For more information about X Games visit XGAMES.COM. For more information about LifeProof visit LIFEPROOF.COM.
After disrupting the consumer electronics industry with award-winning waterproof smartphone cases, LifeProof® continues to innovate and inspire. In its unapologetic quest to reimagine, reinvent and use technologies in extraordinary ways, LifeProof empowers athletes, explorers and adventurers to live life without limits. From its lineup of action-ready phone cases and accessories to the selection of waterproof, drop-proof, Bluetooth speakers and everyday-active backpacks, LifeProof is the gear you grab to go get living.
LifeProof champions innovative educational programs that inspire kids to become entrepreneurs and philanthropists – because one inspired kid can change the world. Visit lifeproof.com/givingback for more on this mission.
For more information, visit www.lifeproof.com. #LiveLifeProof
CONTACT: Jordan Vater, 970-980-2011, [email protected]