SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 03, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Nozomi Networks Inc., the leader in OT security, today announced they are collaborating with IBM Security to answer growing demand for effective, integrated IT and OT cybersecurity services and solutions. IBM and Nozomi Networks will jointly offer industrial enterprises worldwide better access to converged network visibility, non-intrusive monitoring, continuous threat detection and intelligent OT threat hunting capabilities including:
- A One Stop Solution for IT and OT Cybersecurity – IBM is providing customers with Nozomi Networks solutions as part of its IT/OT risk management portfolio. Today, more than a dozen customers spanning energy, oil and gas, manufacturing and transportation are using Nozomi Networks solutions made available through IBM, and more than 50 customers are currently engaged for Proof of Concept evaluation.
- Nozomi Networks on the IBM AppExchange – Nozomi Networks Guardian is among an elite lineup of advanced partner offerings certified by IBM and available via the IBM Security AppExchange.
- Enhanced Integration Between Guardian and IBM QRadar – The IBM-validated integration delivers advanced IT and OT security monitoring capabilities through one unified view. The solution caters to the advanced security requirements of energy, oil and gas, mining, manufacturing, transportation, ports, smart buildings, smart cities and other OT environments.
- Nozomi Networks Solutions Support IBM SOCs – With Guardian now running in IBM’s Global Security Operations Centers (SOCs), customers of IBM’s Managed Security Services (MSS) are supported with the best possible OT network visibility and monitoring.
- Hands-On Experience with Nozomi Networks Solutions – Nozomi Networks’ latest solutions are showcased in IBM’s advanced CyberRange in Cambridge MA and its Dallas-based Industries Demonstration Center, providing customers an opportunity to see real-world use cases in action.
- Enhanced Security Services for IT/OT convergence – Nozomi Networks, together with IBM Security services, is providing best-in-class, value-added IT and OT Security Solutions. Today more than twenty IBM Security services engineers have been trained and certified on Nozomi Networks solutions.
Deep understanding of the complexities of operational networks, continuous innovation and expertise in artificial intelligence have made Nozomi Networks the industry standard for threat detection and visibility for industrial control networks, and the leader in OT security. Today Nozomi Networks solutions support hundreds of thousands of devices in more than 1,400 installations spanning energy, manufacturing, mining, transportation, utilities and critical infrastructure. Customers include six of the world’s top 20 oil and gas operators, four of the top 10 electric utilities, four of the top mining operations and five of the world’s top 10 pharmaceutical companies.
Respected globally for its lineup of enterprise security products and services, IBM Security offers a broad range of security products and services, security consulting and incident response. IBM’s QRadar SIEM solution delivers unified monitoring across MSS, regardless of the location of the QRadar platform. IBM’s advanced analytics and targeted attack detection capabilities for the network and hosts include support for customer-deployed products, IBM products and strategic partner solutions. Threat intelligence and incident response services are available through IBM X-Force Incident Response and Intelligence Services (IRIS).
“Awareness of escalating threats and cyber risks to critical infrastructure and industrial operations remains top of mind for our clients,” said Chris McCurdy, Vice President Worldwide IBM Security. “Teaming with Nozomi Networks, our customers immediately gain market-leading OT network monitoring and threat detection technology that is fully integrated with key IBM Security services and platforms such as QRadar. This provides access to simple and fast tools for our customers to improve the visibility and cybersecurity of industrial networks through Nozomi Networks’ deep OT networking expertise.”
“IBM is trusted worldwide for its strong IT security offerings. We are thrilled to team with them to address the converging cybersecurity needs for IT and OT infrastructure,” said Nozomi Networks CEO Edgard Capdevielle. “We’ve already worked together to deliver on a number of joint customer engagements including comprehensive managed security services and product engagements with a large North American manufacturer, a large Middle East utility and a top 5 global energy conglomerate. This expanded partnership accelerates our joint efforts to make OT infrastructure around the world more safe.”
NNI Blog – Deep IBM Collaboration Delivers Unified IT and OT Cyber Security
About Nozomi Networks
Nozomi Networks is accelerating the pace of digital transformation by pioneering innovation for OT and IoT security and visibility. Leading the industry, we make it possible to tackle escalating cyber risks in a converging world of IT and OT. In a single solution, Nozomi Networks delivers network visibility, threat detection and insight to thousands of the largest critical infrastructure, energy, manufacturing, mining, transportation and other industrial sites around the world. www.nozominetworks.com
vSync Circuits Adds Verific’s Static Elaborator to Product Mix
ALAMEDA, Calif., Dec. 03, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Verific Design Automation today announced long-time customer vSync Circuits added Verific’s static elaboration to its product mix and introduced vLinter, early rule-based design analysis and verification software.
“Our relationship with Verific is one of great mutual admiration,” remarks Dr. Reuven Dobkin, chief executive officer and chief technology officer of vSync. “We respect Verific and value it as a trusted vendor with incomparable support and service.”
vLinter, static analysis-based verification used in early design stages, hunts design bugs due to bad coding practices, including unsynthesizable code, unintentional latches, undriven signals, race conditions, out-of-range indexing, incomplete case statements and simulation and synthesis mismatches. It supports both ASIC and FPGA design flows and allows easy and fast setup by directly loading project files from leading synthesis software.
“VSync takes a clever approach to functional verification using structural and formal verification, RTL and gate-level verification, automatic timing constraints generation and automatic bug fixing,” remarks Michiel Ligthart, Verific’s president and chief operating officer. “The result is a powerful methodology that works in either FPGA or ASIC verification and integration flows with Verific’s parser platforms serving as the front end.”
Verific’s SystemVerilog, VHDL and universal power format (UPF) Parser Platforms are in production and development flows at semiconductor companies worldwide, from emerging companies to established Fortune 500 vendors. Applications range from analysis, simulation, formal verification and synthesis to emulation and virtual prototyping, in-circuit debug and design for test. Verific distributes its Parser Platforms as C++ source code and compiles on all 32- and 64-bit Unix, Linux, Mac OS and Windows operating systems.
About vSync Circuits
vSync Circuits is an EDA and IP solutions company providing integration and verification solutions for ASIC and FPGA design and verification groups. It introduces a novel and unique technology for reliable multiple clock-domain design integration and verification comprised of a tool-based approach that bridges the design and verification worlds. vSync Circuits methodology is generic and is compatible with all different design flows.
About Verific Design Automation
Verific Design Automation is celebrating 20 years as the leading provider of SystemVerilog, Verilog, VHDL and UPF Parser Platforms that enable project groups to develop advanced electronic design automation (EDA) products quickly and cost effective worldwide. Verific, with offices in Alameda, Calif., and Kolkata, India, has shipped more than 60,000 copies of its software used worldwide by the EDA and semiconductor industry. Corporate headquarters is located at: 1516 Oak Street, Suite 115, Alameda, Calif. 94501. Telephone: (510) 522-1555.
Engage with Verific at:
Verific Design Automation acknowledges trademarks or registered trademarks of other organizations for their respective products and services.
For more information, contact:
Public Relations for Verific
Rackspace Expands Professional and Managed Services to Accelerate Customer Cloud Adoption with Amazon Web Services
SAN ANTONIO and LAS VEGAS, Dec. 03, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Announced today from AWS re:Invent 2019, Rackspace accelerates its growth as a full stack service provider by expanding its portfolio of Rackspace Service Blocks™. This news expands Rackspace’s leadership in providing professional and managed services for Amazon Web Services (AWS).
With the expansion of the Service Blocks portfolio, Rackspace further empowers customers to keep pace with innovation and capitalize on new services and features like Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Internet of Things (IoT), and Serverless Computing.
“Our customers need deep AWS expertise that helps them develop, deploy, and integrate the latest applications, improve and secure their infrastructure, and ultimately make the most of what AWS has to offer so that they can move their businesses forward,” said Matt Stoyka, Chief Relationship Officer, Rackspace. “Our enhancement of Rackspace Service Blocks bridges the skills gap faced by customers who are quickly maturing on AWS.”
“For 15 years, we’ve trusted Rackspace to hear and understand our challenges, diagnose our problems, and quickly develop solutions that fit our evolving needs as a company,” said Bill Dalton, Vice President of Firefly Digital. “Today, bringing their expertise to manage our entire container services journey, Rackspace ensures we’re getting the most from AWS so we can focus on innovating and staying competitive.”
Enhanced Portfolio for AWS Services: Rackspace Introduces Three New Rackspace Service Block Patterns
Rackspace Service Blocks is the modular cloud services portfolio comprised of discrete, customizable services provided on a flexible consumption model, which allows customers to only pay for the cloud services they need, optimizing IT economics.
Today’s newly introduced Rackspace Service Block patterns are designed to streamline the adoption of AWS by consolidating broad expertise across infrastructure, applications, data, strategy and integration. This expertise is distilled into solution roadmaps designed to help customers deploy three key types of solutions:
- Container Services Journey – A combination of Professional Services, Managed Cloud and Advanced Kubernetes Management Service Blocks, this offering helps customers outline their container strategy, build containerized applications and transition them into ongoing management.
- Hybrid Transformation with VMware Cloud on AWS – A grouping of managed and professional services designed to provide customers with the tools and expertise needed to make a smooth transition to hybrid cloud with VMware Cloud on AWS.
- Data Modernization – This configuration helps customers streamline analytics processes, uncover deficiencies within processes and derive meaning from data to enable better data-driven business decisions and serve their customers with accurate and timely data.
Learn more about Rackspace Service Blocks at rackspace.com/lp/new-aws-service-blocks.
Visit Rackspace at Booth #1637 in the Venetian at AWS re:Invent 2019.
At Rackspace, we accelerate the value of the cloud during every phase of digital transformation. Across applications, data, security, hybrid and multiple clouds worldwide, we provide cloud specialists with unbiased expertise, continuous modernization and Rackspace Service Blocks. We work with leading partners and alliances. As a recognized Gartner Magic Quadrant leader, we deliver Fanatical Experience™ across every interaction. Rackspace has been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as one of the best places to work.
New Research Finds Latest Accounting Regulations Are Significantly Driving Up Audit Costs
LOS ANGELES, Dec. 03, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — FloQast, a provider of close management software created by accountants for accountants to close the books faster and more accurately, today announced the results of a just released survey entitled “The Ugliness of the Audit.” The study, based on feedback from more than 200 financial audit stakeholders, clearly demonstrates that audits are becoming significantly more costly and burdensome for companies of all sizes and the situation is not expected to improve in the next two years. It is important to note that these cost increases are driven primarily by changing accounting rules and regulations such as ASC 606.
“The audit is an essential part of the accounting process, but it is abundantly clear that the process has become overly taxing and expensive for companies of all sizes,” said Diane Hagglund, senior research analyst at Dimensional Research. “As audits become increasingly painful and burdensome, it is driving demand for innovative software solutions that help mitigate this pain by delivering a level of sanity into the process.”
Key findings in the report include:
- Audit costs are rapidly growing – Audits are becoming increasingly expensive for organizations of all sizes, with over half of finance teams (53%) reporting substantial increases in audit costs in the past two years, driven primarily (64%) by new accounting regulations. The vast majority (81%) of companies that have adopted ASC 606 in their audit procedures report that it has negatively impacted their audit, increasing the cost and time to complete it and adding additional stress and frustration to the process. Ninety percent (90%) expect audit costs to further increase in the next two years and more than half (55%) of large companies (over 1,000 employees) have annual audit fees of more than $250,000.
- Audits are lengthy and disruptive for finance teams – The audit process places a big strain on finance and accounting departments with ninety-five percent (95%) stating they face challenges with their audits, including conflicts with other work (82%), the complexity of accounting rules (58%), and dealing with the stressful time that has a personal impact on their staff (50%). Most telling, 66% say that CFOs and controllers live with persistent fear that they may have missed something in their financials that will come under the scrutiny of the auditors.
- Financial software improves the audit process – Close management software is providing improvements to the audit process for 91% of the finance teams that use it, and they are less likely to expect significant increases in the cost of their audit in the future. Eighty-nine percent (89%) of those surveyed indicated they would benefit from additional software capabilities, commonly found in close management, during their audit.
“This survey validates what we hear from our customers every day – the audit has become a black hole that sucks the money, time and morale from accounting teams every year,” said Mike Whitmire, CPA*, co-founder and CEO of FloQast. “FloQast’s goal is to provide controllers and CFOs with the financial software and tools that drive more efficient audits meaning less billable hours by auditors and a quicker return to focusing on what really matters, and that’s running the business.”
A complimentary copy of the report is available at www.floqast.com/auditsurvey.
Join Dimensional Research and FloQast for a live webinar on “The Ugliness of the Audit – and How to Avoid It” on December 11 at 11:00 am PT/2:00 pm ET during which they will walk through the survey results and share best practices for how to improve audit readiness. Register at www.floqast.com/auditsurveywebinar.
To learn about FloQast close management software and how it will help your accounting team to streamline your annual audit, visit www.floqast.com/audit.
The survey was conducted by Dimensional Research, on behalf of FloQast, in November 2019. A total of 203 accounting and finance professionals participated in the survey, all of whom were directly responsible for activities and outcomes of year-end financial audits. The purpose of the survey was to gauge finance and accounting professionals’ opinions of and experiences with the annual audit process, particularly in the light of the adoption of new accounting regulations such as ASC 606 and 842.
About Dimensional Research
Dimensional Research® provides practical market research to help technology companies make their customers more successful. Our researchers are experts in the way technology organizations operate to meet the needs of their business stakeholders. We partner with our clients to deliver actionable information that reduces risks, increases customer satisfaction, and improves business results. For more information, visit dimensionalresearch.com.
FloQast is close management software, created by accountants for accountants to close faster and more accurately. On average, accounting teams who rely on FloQast close three days faster. Seamlessly integrated with ERPs and leveraging existing checklists and Excel, FloQast provides a single place to manage the month-end close and gives everyone visibility. The cloud-based software is trusted by more than 750 accounting departments, including those at Lyft, Twilio, Zoom and The Golden State Warriors. To learn more, visit www.floqast.com and join the conversation on Twitter at @floqast.
BOCA Communications for FloQast
Subscribe to PICANTE via Email
Follow us on Facebook
Shortages of Low-Skill, Middle-Skill, and High-Skill Workers Causing Revenue Declines and Other Headaches for Employers, TrueBlue’s Latest Study Finds
Law Firm of Estey & Bomberger Reports: Uber Says Nearly 6,000 Rapes, Sexual Assaults Occurred in Two-year Period
Best’s Market Segment Report: AM Best Maintains Global Reinsurance Market Outlook at Stable
Play harnesses ADVA timing solution for 5G-ready mobile network
Japan’s Friendship Ties Programs JENESYS 2019 ASEAN Inbound Program 15th Batch
Alfresco Wins 2019 Aragon Research Innovation Award for Content Management
Mark Your Calendars! Best Buy Unveils 12 Days of Deals
Chorus.ai Wins 2019 Aragon Research Innovation Award for Conversational AI
The 3rd HK Store of “A Happy Pancake” Finally Opens!!
Dynatrace Announces Pricing of Follow-On Offering By Selling Stockholders
Venture Capital Investment in FinTech: A Visualisation
Enterprise Rent-A-Car Smashes Children In Need Fundraising Target Thanks to Bespoke Donation Solution
Pourquoi le standard PCI DSS est-il incontournable pour fiabiliser les transactions en ligne dans le secteur du tourisme
The Best iMac & Mac Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals (2019): List of Apple Mac & iMac Mini, Pro Savings Shared by The Consumer Post
Here’s the Best Android Smartphone Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2019 Deals: List of Moto, OnePlus, LG, HTC, Pixel & Galaxy Cell Phone Sales Listed by Consumer Walk
Teledyne DALSA expands its Xtium2 frame grabber series with three new CoaXPress models
NexTech’s AR eCommerce Platform Integrates With Magento 2.0 250,000 eCommerce Sites
ANNKE Reveals Biggest Black Friday Deals 2019, Most Mega All-Year-Round Shopping Boom
Datametrex Reports Record Quarter
Is It Safe To Drive On CBD?
Follow our Tweets
Business Wire6 days ago
Samsung, Acer, HP & More Chromebook Cyber Monday 2019 Deals: List of Chromebook Deals Released by Deal Stripe
Business Wire6 days ago
List of HP Cyber Monday 2019 Deals: Top Laptop, PC & Monitor Deals Researched by Retail Egg
Business Wire7 days ago
GE Healthcare’s New Imaging Tech and Intelligent Apps Unveiled at #RSNA19 will Deliver Hundreds of Millions in Cost Savings and Provider Productivity
Business Wire6 days ago
Cyber Monday Chromebook Deals 2019: All The Best Google, Samsung, Acer, Asus & HP Chromebook Deals Rounded Up by Retail Egg
Business Wire7 days ago
Seedland Launches Pilot Operation of China’s First Autonomous Commuter Vehicle: Hachi Auto
Business Wire6 days ago
The Best JBL Cyber Monday Deals (2019): Top JBL Flip & Charge Bluetooth Speaker Sales Compared by Spending Lab
Business Wire7 days ago
Best iPhone XR & XS Max Cyber Monday 2019 Deals: Top Unlocked & Contract iPhone Deals Listed by Deal Tomato
Business Wire7 days ago
Latest Sprint Cyber Monday Deals for 2019 Shared by Retail Fuse