New release of industry-leading Telerik portfolio delivers features and controls for developers to build high-performance, modern web, mobile and desktop applications
BEDFORD, Mass., Oct. 07, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Progress (NASDAQ: PRGS), the leading provider of application development and digital experience technologies, today announced the newest release of Progress® Telerik® tools for .NET developers. With this release, Progress delivers full day-zero support for .NET Core 3.0 RC (release candidate) across the entire Progress Telerik product line. In addition, Progress expands Progress® Telerik® UI for Blazor tool, offering more than 25 native UI components, including Grid, Charts, DropDownList, Inputs, Date Inputs, Layout, TreeView, and Styling.
“Building amazing, powerful and modern web, mobile or desktop apps isn’t easy, even with the latest frameworks,” said Loren Jarrett, General Manager, Developer Tools Business, Progress. “With the new release of Telerik tools, developers can build rich web apps for the latest web technology – Microsoft Blazor, with all new native Telerik UI for Blazor components. Telerik UI for Blazor tool is the key companion for developers wanting to reduce development cycles and get to outstanding user experiences more quickly.”
New capabilities and features also include:
Web—Progress® Telerik® UI for Blazor, ASP.NET Core, MVC and AJAX
In addition to the 25+ components for Blazor:
- Progress® Telerik® UI for ASP.NET Core now includes official support for .NET Core 3.0 RC, allowing developers to utilize the component suite with the latest version of the .NET Core framework
- New components and accessibility improvements in ASP.NET Core and ASP.NET MVC – TimeLine, Filter, Rating, Document Processing Library, PDF Viewer (V2)
- New Drawer component, Spreadsheet enhancements and Accessibility improvements in ASP.NET AJAX
Mobile—Progress® Telerik® UI for Xamarin
- Two new controls: Map and Image Editor
- Introducing a new document processing library for creation and manipulation of PDF documents – PDF Processing
- The PDF Viewer component is now official, polished and packed with features
- Visual Studio 2019 for Mac Support
Desktop—Progress® Telerik® UI for WPF and WinForms
- Telerik UI for WPF and WinForms Visual Studio templates for .NET Core apps
- Simplified Ribbon for WPF and WinForms
- New TabbedWindow and WebCam controls for WPF
- New DomainUpDown control and Customizable File Dialogs for WinForms
Reporting, Testing & Productivity Tools – Progress® Telerik® Reporting, Progress® Telerik® Report Server, Progress® Telerik® JustMock, Progress® Test Studio® Dev Edition
- PDF documents accessibility and new JSON DataSource component for Telerik Reporting and Telerik Report Server
- WPF and WinForms report viewers support for .NET Core 3.0 for Telerik Reporting
- Implement support for Azure DevOps pipeline with build agent hosted in the cloud, verification of method call prerequisites, automatic resolving of test context when using asynchronous tasks for Telerik JustMock
- Visual Studio 2019 support for Progress Test Studio Dev Edition
The latest Progress Telerik release is available today. For more information go to https://www.telerik.com/support/whats-new.
Progress (NASDAQ: PRGS) offers the leading platform for developing and deploying strategic business applications. We enable customers and partners to deliver modern, high-impact digital experiences with a fraction of the effort, time and cost. Progress offers powerful tools for easily building adaptive user experiences across any type of device or touchpoint, the flexibility of a cloud-native app dev platform to deliver modern apps, leading data connectivity technology, web content management, business rules, secure file transfer, network monitoring, plus award-winning machine learning that enables cognitive capabilities to be a part of any application. Over 1,700 independent software vendors, 100,000 enterprise customers, and two million developers rely on Progress to power their applications. Learn about Progress at www.progress.com or +1-800-477-6473.
Progress, Test Studio, and Telerik are trademarks or registered trademarks of Progress Software Corporation and/or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates in the US and other countries. Any other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.