Interim Report January – June 2019
April – June 2019
- Net sales increased by 18 percent to SEK 1,176.7 million (997.4). Organic growth in local currency was 15 percent.
- Gross profit increased by 29 percent to SEK 321.1 million (248.6). Organic growth in local currency was 26 percent.
- Adjusted EBITDA2 increased by 17 percent to SEK 114.2 million (97.4).
- Adjusted EBIT3 amounted to SEK 104.1 million (91.2).
- Profit after tax for the quarter amounted to SEK 53.3 million (29.0).
- Diluted earnings per share were SEK 0.98 (0.54).
January – June 2019
- Net sales increased by 23 percent to SEK 2,278.4 million (1,856.0). Organic growth in local currency was 16 percent1.
- Gross profit increased by 36 percent to SEK 610.6 million (448.6). Organic growth in local currency was 24 percent1.
- Adjusted EBITDA2 increased by 39 percent to SEK 226.4 million (162.3).
- Adjusted EBIT3 amounted to SEK 206.3 million (149.9).
- Profit after tax for the period amounted to SEK 111.1 million (38.3).
- Diluted earnings per share amounted to SEK 2.06 (0.71).
“Although one-way business texting is now moving from early adopters to early majority, most businesses have yet to capitalize on the tremendous opportunities that rich media messaging and interactive conversations now bring about.” – Oscar Werner, CEO
Significant events during the quarter
- A partnership between Sinch and WIT Software to accelerate the global use of next-generation messaging services through Rich Communication Services (RCS) was announced on 5 April. Sinch will be using WIT Software’s technology as part of its RCS-as-a-Service offering to mobile operators that require an efficient and scalable solution to offer RCS to their subscribers and enterprise customers.
- On 11 April, Sinch announced changes to the company’s management team aimed at closer collaboration between the teams that address operator customers and enterprise customers. The Sinch management team now consists of: Chief Executive Officer Oscar Werner, Chief Operating Officer Anders Olin, Chief Financial Officer Roshan Saldanha, Chief Human Resources Officer Eva Lessing, Chief Technology Officer Jonas Lindeborg, Chief Marketing Officer Jonathan Bean, Chief Strategy Officer and Head of Investor Relations Thomas Heath, Chief Evangelist and Co-Founder Robert Gerstmann, Head of Corporate Development and Co-Founder Björn Zethraeus and Head of Business Development and Co-Founder Johan Hedberg.
- The name change from CLX Communications AB (publ) to Sinch AB (publ) was registered at the Swedish Companies Registration Office on 20 June.
1 Organic growth in local currency in comparable units. Unwire and Vehicle, two acquisitions that did not close until the end of March 2018, are included in the entire comparison period of January – June 2018 in order to calculate growth in comparable units.
2 EBITDA excluding items affecting comparability. See page 3 for a specification of items affecting comparability.
3 EBIT excluding items affecting comparability and amortization of acquisition-related assets. See Note 4 for a specification of depreciation and amortization.
Invitation to phone conference
Sinch will present the interim report in a phone conference on 19 July at 9:00 CET. To participate in the phone conference, please call any of the following numbers and state the code 7278264.
Sweden: +46 (0) 8 506 921 85
UK: +44 (0) 203 009 5710
USA: +1 917 720 0178
Register here to watch the presentation via Webcast: investors.sinch.com/webcast
For additional information, please contact:
Thomas Heath, Chief Strategy Officer and Head of Investor Relations
+46 72 245 50 55
Roshan Saldanha, Chief Financial Officer
+46 73 660 24 19
Sinch brings businesses and people closer with tools enabling personal engagement. Its leading cloud communications platform lets businesses reach every mobile phone on the planet, in seconds or less, through mobile messaging, voice and video. Sinch is a trusted software provider to mobile operators, and its platform powers business-critical communications for many of the world’s largest companies. Sinch has been profitable and fast-growing since its foundation in 2008. It is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, and has local presence in more than 30 countries. Shares are traded at NASDAQ Stockholm: XSTO:SINCH. Visit us at sinch.com.
Note: Sinch AB (publ) is required to publish the information in this interim report pursuant to the EU market abuse regulation. The information was submitted for publication on 19 July 2019 at 07.30 CET.
This report is published in Swedish and English. In case of any differences between the English version and the Swedish original text, the Swedish version shall apply. This report has not been subject to review by the company’s independent auditor.
Subscribe to PICANTE via Email
Follow us on Facebook
Subaru Chooses TomTom Navigation for All-New US Vehicles
Continuity Wraps Up a Strong 2019 with a Strategic Acquisition, the Launch of a New Product and Multiple New Client Signings
ZetaDisplay adapts its organization to increase scalability and growth
GridGain’s Strong Market Momentum Continued in 2019
Microchip Joins Responsible Business Alliance (RBA) – the Global Industry Coalition Dedicated to Corporate Social Responsibility
CDK Global to Announce Second Quarter Fiscal 2020 Financial Results on February 4, 2020
Phenom People Raises $30 Million in Series C Proving the HR Shift Towards AI-Powered Talent Experiences
NETSOL Technologies to Ring Nasdaq Closing Bell on Tuesday, January 21, 2020
Vouch uses Socotra’s cloud-based platform to launch insurance products tailored for high-growth startups
Timeout called on online negativity as mobile users are invited to #TextForHumanity
Design Intelligence Award 2020 Is Looking for the Most Outstanding Design
CORRECTING and REPLACING Robins Kaplan Announces Bremer Bank Employee-Shareholders File Class-Action Lawsuit Against Three Trustees of Otto Bremer Trust
Shareholder Alert: Robbins LLP Announces Mohawk Industries, Inc. (MHK) Sued for Misleading Shareholders
Join TOPs of gambling hangout: BET2020 proposes a unique offer!
Digital Securities Guru Thomas Carter on The Two Keys That Will Unlock Mass Adoption of Cryptocurrency/Blockchain in 2020
Rovio Entertainment Corporation: Repurchase of own shares on 9 January 2020
What Does Public Domain Day Mean for Book Readers?
Rovio Entertainment Corporation: Repurchase of own shares on 10 January 2020
ZEDRA to acquire BNP Paribas Singapore Trust Corporation Limited
Buying a Home – What Should You Look After?
Follow our Tweets
Cannabis2 days ago
7 Things to Consider Before Buying Safe CBD Products
Augmented Reality (AR)4 days ago
Fluper Featured as the Best Android App Development Company By Crowd. Review
IT6 days ago
Jumei Announces Receipt of a Preliminary Non-Binding Proposal to Acquire the Company at $20.0 per ADS
Business and Management5 days ago
The Law Offices of Frank R. Cruz Announces Investigation on Behalf of The RealReal, Inc. Investors (REAL)
Guest Articles3 days ago
Robo.cash doubles funding volumes in 2019
Guest Articles3 days ago
Which Type of Furniture you should have for Elegant Look of Your Bedroom
Business and Management6 days ago
AWM Smart Shelf® Announces Partnership with OptiCrib Providing Technology for State-of-the Art Storeroom Management
IT5 days ago
MoneyGram and EbixCash Sign Exclusive Strategic Agreement to Expand Presence in India