The recipe of yummilicious tagliatelle pasta with fresh basil sauce is a perfect Italian meal when served with homemade garlic bread, a cold salad, or a hot soup. Your guests are going to love it! It is a quick pasta recipe that you can prepare as a quick snack or dinner or when you have a lot of dishes to prepare during a get-together. The pasta is tossed with tomato basil sauce to give it a tangy flavour. However, you can also add sauteed vegetables to add colour and texture to the whole dish. The meal can prove to be an easy dinner recipe or a fancy meal to be served to your guests. Check out the recipe of fresh tagliatelle pasta with fresh tomato basil sauce:
- Tagliatelle pasta: 1 cup
- Basil leaves: 8-10
- Extra virgin olive oil: 2 tablespoons
- Salt: to taste
- Parmesan cheese(for garnishing)
For Tomato Sauce
- Tomatoes: 500 grams
- Chopped garlic cloves: 4
- Chopped onion: 1
- Sugar: 1 teaspoon
- Crushed whole black peppercorns: 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli flakes: 2 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder: 1 teaspoon
- Dry mango powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Onion: 1
- Sugar: 1 teaspoon
- Fenugreek seeds: 1/2 teaspoon
- Dry red chili: 1
- Garlic cloves: 4
- Ginger: 1 inch
To cook the pasta
Take a stockpot and add 500 ml of water to it. Bring the water to boil, and then add tagliatelle pasta to it.
- Cook for about 10-12 minutes or until the pasta is al dente.
- Drain the pasta and wash it gently under the running water. Drizzle some olive oil and toss the pasta and keep it aside.
To prepare the Tomato Basil Sauce
- Take a saucepan with an adequate quantity of water and add tomatoes to it.
- Turn on the flame and let the tomatoes cook until their skin starts to peel off. Switch off the heat.
- Peel off the skin of the tomatoes and chop the tomatoes roughly.
- Do not throw away the juices of the tomatoes as it will be used in the tomato sauce later.
- Take a large saucepan and pour some olive oil in it on medium flame.
- Now add chopped onion and garlic into the pan.
- Keep stirring until the onion becomes soft and the garlic turns golden brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes, roughly chopped basil leaves, salt, sugar, black pepper corns, and stir all the ingredients well to combine.
- To make the puree of all the ingredients, use a hand blender to get a saucy texture.
- Let the mixture simmer for 20-30 minutes on medium flame until the sauce becomes a little thick.
Tip: keep the lid of the saucepan slightly uncovered to let the excess water evaporate.
- Add with salt to taste, red chilli flakes and stir them well.
- Slowly start adding boiled tagliatelle pasta and toss it gently to combine.
- Garnish the tagliatelle pasta with fresh tomato basil and Parmesan flakes.
- Tagliatelle pasta with fresh tomato basil sauce is ready to serve!
Serve the fresh tagliatelle pasta with homemade garlic bread to complete this mouth-watering Italian recipe!
Buy tagliatelle pasta online to prepare this super quick and delicious recipe within 20 minutes at your home. The flavours of fresh tomato basil sauce blend perfectly to give a fresh taste and look. The recipe is a quick fix for your late-night hunger cravings or a quick snack for your kids, or the sudden arrival of guests. However, you can anytime order tagliatelle pasta online to be delivered at your doorsteps hot and fresh. this is something you will find in your travel guide as well.