Halifax, Nova Scotia–(Newsfile Corp. – September 29, 2021) – Sixth Wave Innovations Inc. (CSE: SIXW) (OTCQB: SIXWF) (FSE: AHUH) (“Sixth Wave“, “SIXW” or the “Company“) is pleased to provide an update on upgraded engineering of its Affinity™ System (the “System”) for purification of cannabinoids.
The upgraded design of the system, being undertaken by the Company’s production partner, Advanced Extraction Systems Inc. (AESI), located in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, incorporates improved Affinity™ bead performance outlined in the Company’s press release dated September 15, 2021.
These advancements in the design of the Affinity™ System follow a robust and rigorous design of experiments aimed at stress testing the system and a complete redesign of the Affinity™ System including the operating hardware. The upgraded systems will allow for increased throughput, with a smaller and simpler design than originally contemplated. The upgraded system will consist of a four-column configuration, as opposed to the twenty-column configuration originally contemplated. This simpler configuration, coupled with the previously reported improvements in bead capacities, should result in a number of improvements to the system and its capabilities:
- Reduction in the number of columns from 20 to 4.
- Simplified flow sheet eliminating classic winterization with filtration.
- Cycle times reduced for complete processing of a column to approximately 15 minutes.
- Significantly reduced ethanol usage and storage requirements, which will, in turn, result in reduced solvent recovery requirements.
- Production of greater than 90% pure cannabinoid distillate on a single pass.
- Total cannabinoid recovery in excess of 95% system-wide with the ability to recapture approximately 4% giving a nearly 99% recovery.
Eliminating conventional distillation product loss of up to 15% from inefficient processing temperatures has the potential to significantly improve economics for Affinity System customers.
To view the source version of this press release, please visit https://www.newsfilecorp.com/release/97943
Powered by WPeMatico