- Press conference – September 18th (Wednesday) at 10:20 in Shanghai, China
- Outlook 2019-2022 for Asia, Americas and Europe
FRANKFURT, Germany & SHANGHAI–(BUSINESS WIRE)–#automation—Global robot investments reached a new record of 16.5 billion USD in 2018. A total of 2.4 million industrial robots now operate in factories around the world – an increase of 15 percent. These results come as a surprise because the main customer industries, automotive and electrical/electronics, had a difficult year. Two of the main destinations, China and North America, are in a trade conflict.
Where do Asia, America and Europe invest in the global automation race, how does the service robots sector evolve and what is the outlook for 2019-2022?
The International Federation of Robotics invites journalists to a press conference for the publication of the new World Robotics Report 2019:
Wednesday, September 18th 2019
10:20-12:00 Shanghai local time
Hotel: Hong Qiao State Guest Hotel
Address: 1591, Hong Qiao Road, Changning District, Shanghai
Meeting Room: Grand View Court
- Steven Wyatt (ABB), IFR Vice President
- Dr. Susanne Bieller, IFR General Secretary
- Dr. Christopher Müller, IFR Statistical Department
- Dr. Daokui Qu, President of CRIA (SIASUN)
- Xiaogang Song, President, China Robot Industry Alliance (CRIA)
- World Robotics Report – Industrial Robots: The global automation race in numbers
- World Robotics Report – Service Robots: success story for professional & private use
- Chinese robot market data release
- Robotic trends and new fields of application in the future
Please register with Carsten Heer:
email: [email protected] Telephone: +49 40 82244 284
World Robotics Report – Industrial Robots: This unique report provides global statistics on industrial robots in standardized tables and enables national comparisons to be made. It contains statistical data from around 40 countries broken down into areas of application, industrial sectors, types of robots and other technical and economic aspects. Production, export and import data is listed for selected countries. It also describes the trends in relation to robot density, e.g. the number of robots per 10,000 employees in relevant sectors.
World Robotics Report – Service Robots: This unique report provides global statistics on service robots, market analyses, case studies and international research strategies on service robots. The study is jointly prepared with our partner Fraunhofer IPA, Stuttgart.
The International Federation of Robotics
IFR press office
Tel. +49 (0) 40 822 44 284
E-Mail: [email protected]