SUNNYVALE, Calif., June 14, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) —
Barbara Maigret, Global Head of Sustainability & CSR at Fortinet
“At Fortinet, we understand the importance of making sustainability integral to our business model. 2021 was the year for defining our strategy and planning the company’s journey for the medium- to long-term. With our inaugural sustainability report, we aim to increase transparency on progress to date and allow our stakeholders – including customers, partners, employees, suppliers, shareholders, and communities – to better understand our corporate social responsibility approach, leading with ambition towards a more sustainable world and safer internet.”
Fortinet® (NASDAQ: FTNT), a global leader in broad, integrated, and automated cybersecurity solutions, today announced its inaugural Sustainability Report, detailing the company’s sustainability strategic framework, initiatives, and key performance metrics. The company plans to share updated progress on an annual basis.
Following a materiality assessment conducted in 2021 to identify and prioritize the Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) issues that are most significant to Fortinet’s business and to its stakeholders, the company defined the following four main areas of impact:
- Innovating for a safe internet: Fortinet is committed to advancing cybersecurity, driving digital progress and creating a trustworthy and safe digital world. The company delivers on this commitment through innovation, community engagement and partnerships. Fortinet has continued to innovate on the industry’s broadest portfolio of cybersecurity solutions adding eight new product families in 2021 only. Fortinet also regularly engages with numerous industry associations and groups, contributing to standardization and interoperability while also sharing actionable threat intelligence with organizations such as the Cyber Threat Alliance (CTA), the World Economic Forum (WEF)’s Center for Cybersecurity and INTERPOL. Through these partnerships, Fortinet is working to combat cybercrime and help mitigate future cyberthreats.
- Respecting the environment: Fortinet is committed to environmentally responsible behavior by reducing the footprint of its products and solutions, adopting responsible approaches to its daily business operations, and helping its broader value chain progress toward circularity. In 2021, Fortinet publicly announced its commitment to carbon neutrality by 2030 using renewable energy, energy and carbon efficiency methodologies, and emission offset programs. This target is relative to Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions resulting from the company’s owned facilities worldwide, in alignment with the Science Based Target Initiative (SBTi). Fortinet’s other environmental efforts include the introduction of biodegradable packaging to the company’s first class of products, reduction of the company’s waste and reduction in energy consumption. Through these initiatives, the company ensures that each generation of Fortinet products consume less energy than the prior generation. This is the case with the FortiGate F series, where energy consumption has been reduced by an average of 61%.
- Growing an inclusive cybersecurity workforce: Fortinet is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture. Fortinet’s team represents a broad range of cultures, demographics and professional backgrounds, enriching the company culture and driving its success. As part of its ongoing commitment to transparency and to bringing more women into the cyber workforce, the company has released its workforce data in 2021 and highlighted an increase of 71.6% on its women hires compared to 2020. Fortinet is also focused on reducing the cybersecurity skills gap across a wide and diverse range of audiences. The company is committed to raising awareness on the benefits of cybersecurity careers and improving opportunities for under-represented groups through its Education Outreach program and training offered through the Fortinet Training Institute. As a result, in 2021, Fortinet bolstered its commitment to address the cybersecurity skills gap by pledging to train one million people globally across the next five years.
Fortinet’s Sustainability Report references the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards, Sustainability Accountability Standards Board (SASB) Standards and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs). The report provides details and metrics on the following eight priority issues: cybersecurity risks to society; information security & privacy; product environmental impacts; environmental management & climate change impacts; diversity, equity and inclusion; cybersecurity skills gap; business ethics; and responsible product use.
- Read the full 2021 Fortinet Sustainability Report
- Learn more about Fortinet’s Corporate Social Responsibility vision and approach.
- Engage in the Fortinet User Community (Fuse). Share ideas and feedback, learn more about our products and technology, and connect with peers.
- Follow Fortinet on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram. Subscribe to Fortinet on YouTube.
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) makes possible a digital world that we can always trust through its mission to protect people, devices, and data everywhere. This is why the world’s largest enterprises, service providers, and government organizations choose Fortinet to securely accelerate their digital journey. The Fortinet Security Fabric platform delivers broad, integrated, and automated protections across the entire digital attack surface, securing critical devices, data, applications, and connections from the data center to the cloud to the home office. Ranking #1 in the most security appliances shipped worldwide, more than 580,000 customers trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. And the Fortinet NSE Training Institute, an initiative of Fortinet’s Training Advancement Agenda (TAA), provides one of the largest and broadest training programs in the industry to make cyber training and new career opportunities available to everyone. Learn more at https://www.fortinet.com, the Fortinet Blog, or FortiGuard Labs.
Copyright © 2022 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The symbols ® and ™ denote respectively federally registered trademarks and common law trademarks of Fortinet, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates. Fortinet’s trademarks include, but are not limited to, the following: Fortinet, the Fortinet logo, FortiGate, FortiOS, FortiGuard, FortiCare, FortiAnalyzer, FortiManager, FortiASIC, FortiClient, FortiCloud, FortiCore, FortiMail, FortiSandbox, FortiADC, FortiAP, FortiAppEngine, FortiAppMonitor, FortiAuthenticator, FortiBalancer, FortiBIOS, FortiBridge, FortiCache, FortiCall, FortiCam, FortiCamera, FortiCarrier, FortiCASB, FortiCenter, FortiCentral, FortiConnect, FortiController, FortiConverter, FortiCWP, FortiDB, FortiDDoS, FortiDeceptor, FortiDirector, FortiDNS, FortiEDR, FortiExplorer, FortiExtender, FortiFirewall, FortiFone, FortiGSLB, FortiHypervisor, FortiInsight, FortiIsolator, FortiLocator, FortiLog, FortiMeter, FortiMoM, FortiMonitor, FortiNDR, FortiNAC, FortiPartner, FortiPenTest, FortiPhish, FortiPortal, FortiPresence , FortiProtect, FortiProxy, FortiRecorder, FortiReporter, FortiSASE, FortiScan, FortiSDNConnector, FortiSIEM, FortiSDWAN, FortiSMS, FortiSOAR, FortiSwitch, FortiTester, FortiToken, FortiTrust, FortiVoice, FortiVoIP, FortiWAN, FortiWeb, FortiWiFi, FortiWLC, FortiWLCOS and FortiWLM.
Other trademarks belong to their respective owners. Fortinet has not independently verified statements or certifications herein attributed to third parties and Fortinet does not independently endorse such statements. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, nothing herein constitutes a warranty, guarantee, contract, binding specification or other binding commitment by Fortinet or any indication of intent related to a binding commitment, and performance and other specification information herein may be unique to certain environments. This news release may contain forward-looking statements that involve uncertainties and assumptions, such as statements regarding technology releases among others. Changes of circumstances, product release delays, or other risks as stated in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, located at www.sec.gov, may cause results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in this press release. If the uncertainties materialize or the assumptions prove incorrect, results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Fortinet assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements, and expressly disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
|Media Contact:||Investor Contact:||Analyst Contact:|
|Stephanie Lira||Peter Salkowski||Rebecca Bergman|
|Fortinet, Inc.||Fortinet, Inc.||Fortinet, Inc.|
|[email protected]||[email protected]||[email protected]|
Powered by WPeMatico